Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

uk suppliers

hi all iv checked previous posts but cant seem to find what im looking for.
i am trying to find a UK supplier for all parts to get into laser building.
cheers
chris

If you shop around in the US youll probably get a better deal even with shipping..Here are some suggestions:

DTR he has good prices and ships very quickly. He sells diodes, some drivers (even soldered to the diode with the current set if you want to pay a little extra and avoid the risk of doing it yourself!) and lenses.

AnthoT has some 5.6 mm copper modules for the diodes if you want to press the diode yourself and need one. He also sells his AtMa driver!MintyFreshTech

Flaming pyro can make a heatsink for your host and he also sells his famous silicone wire!

For the host kits you could buy from SL or Odicforce (in the UK).

BTW the diode prices for the 445 diodes on the Odicforce site are quite steep (38 pounds vs normal 35ish $ for an A140) and they only sell the A140 diode not the M140. DTR has the M140's and his price of 45$ is good. SL's prices are generally ok but some items are expensive, so youll have to look around. Be aware that their shipping to the UK and Europe is very high though.

Goggles can be bought from either Odicforce or SL

:beer:

thanx for the help, do you think the 1.3W 445nm Blue Laser Module
W/Microboost & 405-G-2 Glass Lens is the best one to get from DTR

What do you mean by best? If you're after high power a G lens is definitely the way to go. I'm not quite sure whether he is setting the microboost at 1.3 A and saying 1.3 W because of it? Normally with a 3 element glass lens youll get close to A = W, but with a G lens you should get more. Youll have to ask him, it maybe that this is the case ie set at 1.3 A but that 1.3 W is the absolute min power youll get. Either way its a good deal. Hes always very helpful and may also be able to up the current, to the max 1.5 A for that driver, which COULD get you near the 2 W range.(No guarantees)

Having said all that, for a first laser +1 W is still VERY powerful and should be more than enough! :)

Edit: Do you have goggles?

Last edited:
that sounds good to me 2w would be great if possible, i have a few different pairs of goggles as i am busy designing and building a machine at work that cuts hardened and tempered wire using a 400W fibre laser, i paid a bloody fortune for the goggles but i best check the wavelength on them lol

Probably a CO2 laser @ 10400 nm. If so you'll definitely need a new pair. ;) :beer:

Last edited: