Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UK - Customs ? antone in Uk seized

Ordered "THAT" laser from WL in june

Finally dispatched china 5th Nov , arrived Uk customs 8th
Processed 9th

No further updates to tracking for 14 days

Urghhhh

Is UK customs actively holding these things

Mine arrived without issue last September.

WL packaged it discreetly, and I didn't even end up paying import taxes/duty/brokerage :)

I've read that some people have had theirs held for a time before eventually being released, so you may be in luck.

As far as the law here's concerned I don't think it's banned outright, like Australia and the US.

The regulations are sort of fuzzy as far as high-power pointers/portables are concerned, but if they get spotted I think customs would be within rights to confiscate. Also read that moves are already underway to tighten regulation soon.

Not to worry though, you could try and get one built for you through the guys here, or buy one from the BST section of the forum.

Chances or receiving it MUCH improved.

Good luck :)

Reactions: ped
I've had a few Lasers sent thru from China and all got thru fine :)

bbshamsa where in Cheshire are you from, I used to live in Northwich

jaycey

Mine arrived without issue last September.

WL packaged it discreetly, and I didn't even end up paying import taxes/duty/brokerage :)

I've read that some people have had theirs held for a time before eventually being released, so you may be in luck.

As far as the law here's concerned I don't think it's banned outright, like Australia and the US.

The regulations are sort of fuzzy as far as high-power pointers/portables are concerned, but if they get spotted I think customs would be within rights to confiscate. Also read that moves are already underway to tighten regulation soon.

Not to worry though, you could try and get one built for you through the guys here, or buy one from the BST section of the forum.

Chances or receiving it MUCH improved.

Good luck :)

The regulations in the UK are not 'fuzzy' at all.
It is currently perfectly legal to import and own any laser of any power output.
Customs are not within there rights to withold your laser.

Enjoy your laser, when you receive it.

ped

Aye, iv'e ordered allkinds, including a 600mW handheld 532nm , customs didnt even blink.

When you see what happens in the US , Australia and Italy ect...were really very lucky :)

Yeah, won't be too long now before we follow suite *crosses fingers it doesn't happen*

I've had a few Lasers sent thru from China and all got thru fine :)

bbshamsa where in Cheshire are you from, I used to live in Northwich

Northwich?

That's only about 15 mins drive from me.

I'm in Nantwich just down the road.

Last edited:
The regulations in the UK are not 'fuzzy' at all.
It is currently perfectly legal to import and own any laser of any power output.
Customs are not within there rights to withold your laser.

Enjoy your laser, when you receive it.

As I understand it, there are no specific laws relating to laser pointers or more specifically, portable/handheld lasers, and my point is that the lack of clarification is in itself "fuzzy"; to me at least.

By fuzzy I mean not comprehensive, or entirely relevant to current reality from a legislative perspective.

That gap is, as mentioned, what government are currently trying to fill :(

As for how they actually go about it, that'll be interesting.