Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Uh-oh.. deep fried laser pointer!

Oh don't get me wrong, I know the tail cap issue isn't my fault, but there's no sense in arguing if they're going to send me a new one. That's what really counts here.. buying discount products from China is always a gamble, but a warranty shouldn't be. For the money I save, I have no hard feelings when something is defective - as long as they don't leave me hanging dry. I was panicking because I thought I might have to build up a solid argument for having it replaced (or accept that I don't deserve it) but it looks like I don't have to now. With the knowledge, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. Anyway I'll create a new thread in the reviews section when I get to have some real quality time with it!
Matt

I just checked their site and that IS weird.... They ship using Singapore airmail, but are a Hong Kong based company. Returns have to be shipped to Hong Kong. Also, their shipping to Singapore states "15-30 business days". I'm not sure what's up. I don't think they're here....

DrSid

I just checked their site and that IS weird.... They ship using Singapore airmail, but are a Hong Kong based company. Returns have to be shipped to Hong Kong. Also, their shipping to Singapore states "15-30 business days". I'm not sure what's up. I don't think they're here....

Well I just remember that laser I bought there came from Singapore. Could be something with the mail service, as you said.

Not that you will not receive your parts but I have heard of and experienced some major issues myself. I have heard a couple stories of quick courteous responses at first and promises of replacement and then a month goes by and nothing and they stop responding. Or that the parts do arrive after a couple months but they too are defective.

In my case, almost a year ago now I purchased a laser from o-like. They made a addressing mistake and it was returned. According to them they did not have the laser back in their hands until over 4 months after it was sent out. Then two months after having received it and being told of the correct address repeatedly in email as well as it being correct within the account system on their website from the beginning they resend it and proceed to make the same exact addressing mistake and it was returned once again. This reminds me that I need to send them yet another email this time asking for a refund. While Susie has sounded nice the whole time, the completely unrealistic time lapses and repeat incompetence has made me lose all trust.

My point is... don't count your chickens before they have hatched.

Haha I'm not hopelessly naive.. I've heard stories like yours.. but we treat people as innocent until proven guilty around here ;)

Also, I tracked the (original) package closely, it was shipped from Hong Kong, so that's all I know.

last time I got any thing from O-like it came from HK.

Sorry no help here as I don't have your model laser, I will say good on you for posting this so others can learn about that laser, if you could put up some pictures that may be help full also.

Update: So it took 20 days (anyone who says "it's a small earth" obviously never shipped anything from Asia) but the replacement parts just came in from O-Like! A diode/driver (soldered together) and two tailcap clicky mechanisms. I don't have the laser on me but I'll confirm successful operation ASAP.
Cheers!

This is indeed good news! Looks like O-like definitely keeps their reputation.

From what you said earlier, it sounds like you might have an extra diode! You might be able to assemble a second laser for yourself ;p

Last edited:
20 days is the usual time for cheap shipping from china, faster shipping from china can generally take about 10 days sometimes less. I hope for your sake that the replacement parts work bro.