Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UFO Illusion Out Of Lasers?

Surely, with lasers being so common place now, people who see the "UFO" are going to say, "wow that's a big laser"..... rather than "run & hide, save yourselves, aliens are beaming up people with a tractor beam to do terrible experiments on":crackup:

I did see a laser show writing messages on clouds, but they were using a 20W argon:eek:
ATB MM

B

BrittanyGulden

Surely, with lasers being so common place now, people who see the "UFO" are going to say, "wow that's a big laser"..... rather than "run & hide, save yourselves, aliens are beaming up people with a tractor beam to do terrible experiments on":crackup:

I did see a laser show writing messages on clouds, but they were using a 20W argon:eek:
ATB MM

I love in a town where people are just learning how to operate computers.

Only way you might possibly create a "ufo effect" with small handheld lasers of 1 watt or less is possible shining them on very low dense clouds or maybe on foggy nights. But it's still going to be obvious to most people its just a laser beam. You might manage something with very high powered lasters and perhaps reflective dust released from aircraft as various altitudes, or perhaps lasers shining from aircraft, etc. but even that may not attract much attention.

You'd probably have better luck with flashlights hanging from kites at night, or fire balloons, or, perhaps model aircrafts or ultralight aircrafts with coloured lights.

B

BrittanyGulden

Well, I said the heck w/ the laser idea & am going to make a drone instead, specifically a quadcopter.

These things are pretty neat. One guy on Youtube has his climbing 8000ft+

Depending on the motors, some of these drones can actually carry a decent amount of weight.

I'll just make a huge ring out out of something & wire up like 300 l.e.d.'s on it. Heck ya, attach the puppy to my drone, put it up in the air a half mile & fly it over town

lol maybe I'll grab some christmas tree lights from the basement

Almost december. tis the season