Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Uber flashlight

pretty neat, but 135 years?!  :eek: lol wut. i call shenanigans! how long can it last on a single charge? lets say it can have 2 hours continuous use.

50,000 x 2 = 100,000 hours
100,000/24 = 4166.67 days = 11.41 years  :-/

edit: it would have to last over 23 hours per charge to be able to last 135 years  :D

edit edit: then again, who would leave it on continously for 135 years lol they've probably incorporated the average use time into this 135 year figure  :-/ lol i dunno why i'm going so deep into this. bored.

rkcstr

They talk about the caps like its some amazing new technology and that they developed something that hasn't been done before. Maybe not for a flashlight, but I've seen them used in other stuff before, and a lot of things like on-board computer memory and stuff is maintained with ultracaps. Basically I don't see any need for special circuitry aside from a DC/DC converter since those caps are usually pretty low voltage, like 1.5V or so.

Also, I like "blink of an eye" charge time of 90 seconds... cause it takes a minute and a half to blink?

Seems like a bunch of hype to me and its awful expensive.