Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

( Two Laser Diode Combining About )

hello, brothers. I have two laser diodes, 15w. But I need to combine the lasers.
.Because i need 30 watts of power. Help me,please. thanks, guys.

Eracoy

Do you have any details of which diodes these are? I am very doubtful they are actually 15W, as the most powerful visible single diodes are in the 7-8W range.

However, you can indeed combine the beams. If they are of different wavelengths, you can find a piece of dichroic glass which will reflect one and be transparent to the other. If they are the same wavelength, you would need to use a Polarized Beam Splitter (PBS) cube that combines the horizontally polarized component of one laser with the vertically polarized component of the other laser. In addition, there is the method of knife-edging, where you align the beams side-by-side using the edges of mirrors.

See this thread for diagrams on these methods: https://laserpointerforums.com/f51/reference-guide-how-combine-lasers-77449.html

Some more details would let us get an idea of what the options are and what power they could tolerate.

diachi

We need more details in order to provide the most accurate/useful information.

Did you buy some laser engravers from a Chinese site? These are typically stated to be 15 watts, but they are not. You do need to supply more information about what you have, specifically, to get our help.

Oh my God. :( thank you very much.
yes. I get it from 15 watts :(
ok. then I will ask you ?
I want to cut 1 mm pleksiglass, mirror acrylic, silver acrylic.
what i have to buy?
most economical

please, brothers.

Trying to cut clear and mirrored items with a visible laser is not going to happen. I would look into a CO2 laser. Might be able to get a 20 watt one for $250.00 or so.

J3F9o.gif

You mean to tell us you bought a bunch of laser hardware, with minimal knowledge of the specifications, and no idea of how to incorporate it into your final project? Only AFTER you've made your purchase do you think to ask for advice? You don't think that's a bit reckless and hasty?