Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Two Dead High Power Blue Pointers ISO Special Someone

nobuzzkill

We've been dark for a couple of years now. Do you posses the skills to bring back that glorious glow and make us burn again? Don't be shy. Drop us a line. Tell us about your technique. We are ready and if the connection is right, willing to pay.

Attached is a photo of the two of us on the sofa together. We have other phots as well, together or solo. Detail close-ups upon request.

What are you waiting for?
Email Jay : nobuzzkill@yahoo.com

Serious only please.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpeg
    IMG_0871.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 10

nobuzzkill

I'm on the fence. They were used for pest control around the home and were effective in zapping spider eggs from afar.
The first one purchased (Black from Big Lasers) never functioned properly. The charging port wasn't secure and would pull out of the pointer body when trying to disconnect the charger cord. Also the functions were off, sometimes with key lock in off position it would still function if the charger were connected. Odd stuff like that. The silver one I got plenty off use from. I'm pretty sure the diode is fried. I've no electronics repair knowledge so they've just sat here. I've debated buying a new one but didn't want to waste these two bodies. Just not sure if repair /refurbish is cost effective in this case. It's looking like a new one would run around $700. Make an offer and I will let you know once I get an idea of my repair options and cost vs a new one.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
You cannot sell until 20 posts. Keep that in mind

Do you know the specs? What color and power were they? There are very high power diodes available these days that don't cost nearly what they used to.

Sowee7

I'm on the fence. They were used for pest control around the home and were effective in zapping spider eggs from afar.
The first one purchased (Black from Big Lasers) never functioned properly. The charging port wasn't secure and would pull out of the pointer body when trying to disconnect the charger cord. Also the functions were off, sometimes with key lock in off position it would still function if the charger were connected. Odd stuff like that. The silver one I got plenty off use from. I'm pretty sure the diode is fried. I've no electronics repair knowledge so they've just sat here. I've debated buying a new one but didn't want to waste these two bodies. Just not sure if repair /refurbish is cost effective in this case. It's looking like a new one would run around $700. Make an offer and I will let you know once Iget an idea of my repair options and cost vs a new one.
$700 is way to much, you can get 7W blue diodes for $80