Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorial - How to clean & 'varnish' a Copper Host for a permanent beautiful finish.

Re: Tutorial - How to clean & 'varnish' a Copper Host for a permanent beautiful finis

I've been clear coating my copper heatsinks for years, and my first one from 2012 still looks just like it was just made!
Another thing to note, is that unlike these beauties you have here, many copper heatsinks are only partially visible on a completed build, so a protective coat of clear on only the visible portion still allows direct contact between the heatsink and host, or heatsink to air.
Thanks Jeff, good to know.

RB Astro! Damn it to hell! I've been trying to snag one of those copper hosts too but the price was too high for my cheap back side. You and I love quality, I see that.
hahahaha, you crack me up Chris.
Yes, quality rules !!

:beer:

GSS

Re: Tutorial - How to clean & 'varnish' a Copper Host for a permanent beautiful finis

No No RB buddie:beer:
Shame Shame on me for not keeping my vape build beauty you gave me nice an shiny:eek::can:

Andrew, those Cyprus II hosts were made by sinner. I have the longer of the two myself with an ML501P73 doing a bit over 1 watt. They are great hosts. Too bad you can't get any more of them. I'm not sure I will leave my Mits in mine as these can handle much more heat than these put out.

Encap

When I first joined LPF back in 2014, I managed to snag a couple of Copper builds from Blord.
They look and feel so beautiful and probably a collector's item of sorts by now.
The one on the left is the Copper Cypreus II 200mw 638nm (unlimited duty cycle) and the one on the right is the Copper Cypreus II 3w 445nm.
As you can see they are tarnished quite badly so now I think I'll revitalise these ones and give them the treatment too.
Stay tuned.

RB

IMG_4719.JPG

Good tutorial---the coatings turned out really well.
The key is proper preparation of the surface so the coating has a best chance to adhere.

Those Copper Cypreus hosts will look great all cleaned up!

Reactions: GSS

No No RB buddie:beer:
Shame Shame on me for not keeping my vape build beauty you gave me nice an shiny:eek::can:
:beer:
It'll shine up nicely for you Pete. :yh:

Andrew, those Cyprus II hosts were made by sinner. I have the longer of the two myself with an ML501P73 doing a bit over 1 watt. They are great hosts. Too bad you can't get any more of them. I'm not sure I will leave my Mits in mine as these can handle much more heat than these put out.
Ah yes of course Paul.
I seem to remember that now, Sinner hosts.
It was around the time I joined LPF.

Good tutorial---the coatings turned out really well.
The key is proper preparation of the surface so the coating has a best chance to adhere.

Those Copper Cypreus hosts will look great all cleaned up!

Thank you Encap.

:yh:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Brilliant thread Andrew. Thank you for sharing this. OD6+ for when the laser is off. :crackup:

Brilliant thread Andrew. Thank you for sharing this. OD6+ for when the laser is off. :crackup:
My pleasure Curtis.
hehehehehe.... OD6+..... it's true ! :crackup: