Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorial - Easy MXDL 'Side Button' Laser Build!

Re: Tutorial - Easy MXDL 'Side Button' Laser Build

Hello All,
O.K. Bestofferbuy.com was a bait-n-switch. They sent me a different MXDL side button host. I'll post a pic later. It is a nice host and it looks like it would take a heatsink. But it's not what was advertised. (5387) It also does not look like the new jayrob side button host either. (i.e. - There is no heatsink currently available for this host.) This is something different. Also, knowing bestofferbuy.com, if you order the same SKU tomorrow, you'll get something different than what I got! Beware!

cheers,
kernelpanic

jayrob

Re: Tutorial - Easy MXDL 'Side Button' Laser Build

Seems like every side button host I try ends up being hard to get the host! :-?

I hope the new one I linked above works out to be readily available, because it is very nice! :)
Jay

Is there any way to use a Rkcstr micro-drive laser driver for this instead of a flexdrive?

jayrob

This host is no longer available. (unless you found one somewhere)

I do have a new 'Side Button' combo that is a better host. It uses 3 X AAA batteries as well. It would fit a full length AixiZ module inside. So yes, a rkcstr driver could be used...

Fine, flexible wire is recommended though. Because the driver would be fairly close to the bottom of the pill. Here's the new Side Button Kit:
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=22607
Jay