Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tubes of Light

Hi Lew,
Very interesting video. I have noticed on the few times I have photographed my projectors with the beams moving all around at various speeds how the photo may not look like what is actually seen. One nice thing with DMX control of the projectors is how you change change the speed, XY axis, color, rotation, etc. and almost customize it so it look like what the eye sees when photographing. Just about all of the time when I photograph my projectors I have everything set to be as stagnant as possible with no movement and when doing that the pics are a pretty accurate representation of what I actually saw. Pretty much the same as photographing hand held laser beams.

If not for our persistence of vision all we would see is the moving dot/beam.

There is a speed at which you can move your spot/beam as I like to do in the grass or in a large mirror covering, in my case 6 x 8 feet, where you can see what looks like a chasing trail behind the moving dot, I have not attempted to make a video and please always take care not to flash yourself or hurt your/anyone's eyes, remember that a beam striking a mirror does not stop at the mirror ( duh I know ) so be safe.

I am a big boy and responsible for my own actions and I never endanger anyone else, so don't endanger anyone and if you attempt to view this effect in a mirror remember to take necessary safety precautions and understand any personal risk, I am not advocating any dangerous activity, people have hurt themselves pointing a laser into a mirror, but you can view this pointing at the concrete as well, so be safe above all else.

Double post, but think its timely for discussion around the camera vs. live view of the laser:

My friend just set this neat experiment up and this video (not my friend) explaining the experiment goes into the camera frame rate/exposure times - the whole vid is cool, the camera point is around the 4 minute mark: https://youtu.be/C-V1uXeyGmg

Another cool experiment Lew!