Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Trying to have a 3mm beam and a low divergence.

Hi,
I am planning to make a red laser with a lpc-815.
My goal is to have a beam diameter between 3 and 5 mm and as low divergence as possible. I don't care at all about having high power. I don't want to have good burnig power, i just want a nice beam.

Of course i used the search engine of the forum to find which module and wich optic would be the best for me but i am confused now. I really don't know what to choose...aixiz, meredith, o-like...

Can you help me ?

:thanks:

Look through the "pro shop" for Jayrob's 650-G-1 lens.
It is a short focal length aspheric lens.
It will give you a ~4mm beam diameter and ~0.5mRad. It just so happens that it gives you 25% more power than a regular Aixiz glass, too.

Other than that, you can try "lens-27" from Roithner. I am not sure about their availability or exact specs though.

Edit: In case you didn't already know, beam diameter and beam divergence are inversely related. If you reduce one, you are going to increase the other.

It is exactly what i need ! A little bit expensive but i think it is the right lens for me .:thanks: