Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Try to ask here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsac

In the Uk I wouldn’t think beaming at the tower would be illegal. However, missing it and hitting an aeroplane or even a Blackhawk certainly would be…
Yea it would be but im pretty careful at what i beam in the air as im not looking to really get in trouble

You also don't want to annoy/distract people, our hobby will be under growing attack as what's easily available to the public becomes stronger and as morons intentionally use lasers to harass or accidentally harm people, freedom requires personal responsibility, be safe and respectful or we will face new legislation to restrict our fun.

If beaming unmanned communications towers is not illegal it will be if it's provoking a response, but I wouldn't think projecting a harmless dot on the wide shank of the tower or onto a water tower would be illegal, but if that tower is visible to cars on a roadway then you could be distracting people and we all need to STOP, LOOK and LISTEN before lasing outdoors, make certain there's not a maintenance worker on that tower before you beam a harmless spot onto it and stop doing whatever it is if you provoke a response, that's just common sense, don't think just because something isn't yet illegal that you should abuse it, that's how you screw up the fun for everyone.

Last edited:

bulukaki

But i shine there drones all the time to witch from what i understand is illegal

Ah yes, doing things just because I can...

Regardless of legality, things that attract public scrutiny wouldn't be good. Regardless of what happens to you, it has the potential to affect everyone else.

It's not hard to see why everyone treats you not so warmly. Asking the same/similar question with the same/similar attitude will not yield a different response from the forum members.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Yeah I think I'll close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.