Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

True 5mW DESTROYS a balloon!

Rhith

I have thought my True 5mW from DX was strong and I finally decided to see if it would pop a balloon. I have not yet tested it without a lens but with a lens it can DESTROY a balloon in just a few seconds. I don't even think I had the focal point right on it but it went down fast! In your face Timelord! You're not the only one to pop a balloon with a 5mW around here! :D :D

Rhith

Frames from the video.

100_4072.jpg

Nice! That thing has to be putting out over 5mW, but then again Timelord popped a balloon with his Core.

Rhith

This is true, but mine was almost instant his took a while. It pops right AFTER I move it so it was focused on a different area. I'm still awaiting a time when I can get it tested to know its true power.

Rhith

Well the laser was about a foot away so I don't think IR had that much to do with it and the overall green beam is powerful so I just think it's powerful. You have to give some credit to DX! ;)

T

timelord

My core has no IR problems and is doing under 5mw. Nice work Rhith ;)

Here's the graph of my 5mw core the the peak hit 4.7-9ishmw ;)

Attachments

• 5mw_core_test_with_new_batteries_002.jpg
    5mw_core_test_with_new_batteries_002.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 103

Rhith

Nice little graph there. I really hope that I can get a power meter soon so I can do similar testing. I'm not sure if I should hold off though because this is my senior year and I'm going to try and get into college for photonics so I'm sure there will be plenty of testing equipment I can use and it would save me a good $200.