Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

True 50mw Vs regular 50mw

Hello Dear laser pointer forum friends .

I'm about to buy my first laser pointer , i ask you to help me to choose one .

After i checked the sites that been offered in your guide , i conclude the 3 most affordable for me . the first two from DealExtreme & the other from kaidomain .

DealExtreme: $16.84 Green Laser Pointer Pen 50mW 16$
DealExtreme: $20.90 True 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black 21$
http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDeta...ProductId=9777 18$

1) Is there a difference between True 50mw to just 50mw ? ( i would feel much upset & cheated if i had buy the 50mw and one month later the company would release the new True 50mw ) from reading some reviews it was suggested the neither of them have really 50mw - who should i trust ? is there any reason than to buy the true 50mw if the real difference between them is 18mw vs 16mw ? in that case maybe its be better to save some bucks & to buy 30mw or lower than ?

2)The kaidomain cite has absolutely no details on the product ! does anyone know this product ? ( its seems a little heavier than the pens ) does it have a beam ? ( or the flashlight means its a dot only ? )

3) Can this 50mw generally can burn a balloon ? would i be able to burn a balloon from 50-100 meters ?

i would be glad to hear your suggestion:anyone: ! which one shoud i buy ?

sincerely yours Jacob.b

p.s
English isn't my native language please forgive me for my mistakes .
I'm sure that some of my question have been asked before so i'm sorry if bore you

I think any suggestion on this matter is hard to give. You really don't know the exact quality by just looking at the description or pictures. find a reputated dealer:)

Rob

100mW is usually the minimum for burning and popping balloons without the aid of some kind of focusers. However I can tell you that you will not be able to pop anything with a 50mW from 50 meters away, even 10 meters is asking too much from a 50mW.

As kevin said above, the one frome LEDShoppe is probably your best bet.