Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tricolor "Twinkling or Swarming" Display

So let's face it - I was pretty bored today so I threw together a really simple down-and-dirty "Twinkling" laser that I figured I'd share... Pretty simple, I picked up a 3.5rpm motor with bracket at American Science and Surplus (sciplus.com) for like $8 or so, and simply cut a piece of diffraction grating to go over the cutout on the bracket and one to rotate with the motor, as well as another one at about a 20deg angle of rotation on the other side of the cutout - BAM - complete rotating/swarming/twinkling HELL as soon as I shine anything through it... Should fit nicely in a box, too (I'm going to hack into an old ADJ "groove wheel" to use as a host, i think).

I'm going to finish it early this week with an 803T and a LOC as soon as I can get a heatsink/bracket made up, but I figured the pics here would give someone else a good starting point to do their own on the cheap, using your existing lasers! (BTW, in the pic of my wall there's also a 6X shining through, to give an idea of the projection size thats a 50" plasma on the wall and the "projector" is exactly 10ft from the wall, so it really gives a nice "spread", too)

Attachments

• Twinkling_Build_03.jpg
    Twinkling_Build_03.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 209

i think i might try this, looks good. are all the diffraction gratings you used the same?