Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

transporting my blu-ray...

jakeizbeast said:
So altogether how long were u being "searched" or examined? Lol i would have laughed if he pulled it out and started shining it on people and laughing.
Yeah, I WISH they'd just turned the thing on, said, ooh, pretty light, and had it be over...

Examined, then searched. :) They were a few dozen feet away when checking my checked luggage with the first laptop and the lasers. I never did see them turn one on.
I came back later, and as requested, let them know I was there, going up through security. Once there, they paid special attention to my stuff and swiped my stuff through the bomb sniffer thingy.

Just to clarify, after the comments of charley and clwatkins, these guys (TSA) may get a bad rap, but they were very professional, patient, and thorough. I wish they'd let me transport the lasers in my checked luggage, but after testing positive for explosives, I can't really blame them for saying no to devices that look detonators right out of the movies.

chido

Did you place any stickers on the lasers indicating the wavelength, class, and power output?

THAT may have made it worse. There's somewhat of a public mentality about lasers... that anything aside from the cheapie reds is capable of putting a hole in steel plate at ten paces. To see a DANGER label may have been worse...

chido said:
Did you place any stickers on the lasers indicating the wavelength, class, and power output?

Heh. I never even thought of stickers.
I did put a sticky note in there. It read, "home-made blue laser pointers." :D