Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TR Ultrafire vs LC Ultrafire

Hello people. I just got my SD-301 100mW Focusable Green Laser pointer yesterday from DealExcel.com. Everything in the package was there, besides the battery. I knew this would happen because the customer service person told me that they would have trouble getting it past inspection. Although, he told me that I could buy the battery at most stores. The SD-301 Focusble Green Laser pointer, comes with a blue TR Ultrafire 3.7 V/2400mAH Li-ion protected. I found this battery on Radioshack.com, but it's an Grey LC which means it's low current.

My question is, will the Grey LC Ultrafire 3.7 V/2400mAH Li-ion battery work with the SD-301 100mW Focusable Green Laser or does it have to be the Blue TR Ultrafire 3.7 V/2400mAH Li-on battery?

All ultrafire garbage is low current (in my humble opinion). Virtually any 3.7V cell will work with your pointer though. A "100mW" pointer will draw 0.6A or less, and even the worst Chinese 18650 can handle half-amp just fine. As long as it has 18650 in the title somewhere, you'll be fine.

I'm in the United States. Do you know what stores I can go to to buy the 18650 battery? I called a RadioShack store near my house and they don't carry it. Do you know any other places, where I might be able to find it?

I need them before October 6th. So I would be looking to do express shipping? I read an earlier thread that the Chinese Lithiums are poor quality. Would you suggest that I buy the ones made by TENERGY. Here is a link that I found on another thread. It took me to this site and I found the TENERGY batteries. Will these work for the SD-301 100mW Focusable Green Laser?
All-Battery.com: Combo: 16pcs NiMH Rechargeable Batteries (8AA/8 AAA)

I really don't think you'll find 18650 locally, amazon or ebay are your best bets for the cheap ones.

Quality wise, which ones would you recommend? And do you think buying them from Battery Junction is a good idea?

Last edited:
You're not a very good listener, are you?

Maybe cos he doesnt speak our language...he is a martian afterall!:crackup:

165877-29144-marvin-the-martian_large.jpg

Sorry couldnt resist ;) :beer:

Last edited:

IsaacT

Okay, took me forever to figure out how to make a meme pic but here 'goes!

Trollinthe_zps6ab897c9.png