Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tonight and lasers !!!! Fireworks

Don't tie them together.

What we do is we crush them and get rid of the wires, then compact the powder into whatever container we want to use. We drill a hole into the top and use a proper sparkler as a wick.

Doesn't 'explode' in the classical sense, but it looks really cool. Think of a sparkler, but instead in a massive jet reaching up to a meter in the air! Makes an awesome volcano :)

A friend of mine found a little aluminium case that he used to throw the powder in once. But this time, the pressure was allowed to build up. Exploded, and shrapnel went everywhere. He's got a MASSIVE scar in his leg now where it hit.

Ah... thems were the days...

Yeah, me and my friends did that with a Milo tin. We sort of forgot to duct tape the lid down.... it shot 20m into the air ;D ;D ;D

VillageIdiot said:
Yeah, me and my friends did that with a Milo tin. We sort of forgot to duct tape the lid down.... it shot 20m into the air  ;D ;D ;D

LOL i'm sure 98% of the people on this forum have no idea what Milo is or Horlicks for that matter. Both are better straight out of the can :D

Yeah, that's true. Milo is like an Australian thing mainly (and a few other countries).

For those who don't know, Milo is the hot chocolate drink powder thing here. I have a 1kg tin sitting on my shelf right now :D

Yeah, here's a pic. It's nice stuff, 'tis made by Nestle. You guys have Nestle stuff... right? :-?

milo-tin.jpg

This is what i used to look like! Wow!

2449941501_c7bb7f431c.jpg

hahah of course we have nestle ;D
but ours cans and plastic bottle look more decent.
nestle_nesquik.jpg

Its also called Nesquick lol

Wesdaman14 said:
hahah of course we have nestle  ;D
but ours cans and plastic bottle look more decent.
nestle_nesquik.jpg

Its also called Nesquick lol

Nesquick is different it is a powder Milo is granules Milo has been around much longer than nesquick also. Milo food for champions.

I think most ex British colonies know what milo is, it was a cheap and safe way to provide vitamins and such for the poor.

rkcstr

It was rainy all day for me on the 4th, so it was real hazy/foggy that night. My house is on top of a big hill so I have quite a view and the fireworks are about 2 mi away, so it was really cool to watch the fireworks and very brightly see the beam of my ~110mW violet ;D

I also got to set off some of my own creations :D I bought these rockets a couple years ago that just shot up in the air and had a few firecrackers in them... so I made them better. These test tubes I had fit perfectly on top, so I stuck one on top filled with probably ~10g flash powder and some stars I scavenged out of a few larger bottle rockets. It made a nice burst and loud boom :)

daguin said:
[quote author=iewed link=1215191060/0#8 date=1215193345]Couldn't this be a potential hazard when the firework explodes? The laser could reflect off a shiny piece of shrapnel and shine in someone's eye.

There is virtually NO "metal" or shiny, reflective parts to fireworks (especially aerial pyrotechnics). Outside of the "explosives", they are mostly cardboard, paper, and "clay".

Peace,
dave[/quote]

And furthermore, its a firework, up in the air. And IF there was some foil material, and IF the laser hit it, and IF it HAPPEN to bounce off it down toward the ground and IF that reflection HAPPEN to hit someone in the eye, that reflection would only be for a millesecond and however unlikely that this could happen, its even more unlikely that it would do any damage...

With all this talk of shining lasers around in public and showing them off to law enforcement, this gets me thinking...is that legal? Come to think of it, I have heard a lot of different things regarding US laser laws.