Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tips for new member Clearoutt(me)

Hi i am new to lasers. i am getting a laser for christmas this one and this is my first laser. and yes i know how powerful it is, i am getting duracel batteries and eagle pair goggles. i know proper saftey procedures but any other tips, tricks and saftey information would be useful, as i wish to be as safe as possible. I know the basic saftey rules dont shine in eyes planes cars living things etc. so any thing you would like to post below feel free to. Thanks for your time:)

Best tip a fellow new comer could give you is to read the stickies found here. I have found just about everything in them and then some to get started and have a basic understanding. I would say I feel every new comer should start with reading through the injury reports. Pretty eye opening as to just how fast something can turn ugly with permanent consequences.
Welcome.

yeah other than reading the warnings/stickies always make sure you have a good grip on the laser. Never leave it on while placing it down and don't leave it unattended while on. There's a guy on here that laid his laser on his chair while on and it tipped over causing permanent eye damage to his retina.

thanks guys i am actively reading saftey stickies and injury reports thanks for the advice though:)