Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tiny red light found in dim green laser

Spectric

I bought a laser 303 532nm from ebay and after a week, I tried burning some stuff with it but after a while, it became super dim all of a sudden. When i opened it up and saw the diode, there was a dim green light along with a tiny red light. Some moments when i turned on the laser, it works normally for a second, then it goes dim again with that red light in the diode. I’m quite new to lasers and I’d be extremely thankful to anyone who can suggest anything I can do to fix this.

Those 303 lasers are so cheap you are better off buying a new one for $6.00 than wasting your time trying to fix what you won't be able to do. These are solid state lasers that use an 808nm pump diode, which can look dark red to the eyes though it is quite powerful at up to 1 watt. These lasers are mass produced and are very hit or miss at you getting a good functioning one.

Spectric

My laser is now working again after I let it rest for a few hours, but thanks for the reply. I should probably make a forum post if it doesn’t work for a longer period of time. Those cheap 303 lasers can come with a lot of problems i’ve heard.

GSS

Yup, thats why it's always better to buy a couple with the same shipping. 1 out of 2 is always seems to be stronger plus the issue of 1 not working.
I'm surprised yours recovered as it sounded like your unit broke and the little red dot is pure IR. I do hope you did not look into the red dot..
Why wait to do a little intro as i'm sure this won't be your first laser..:)