Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TINY Blu-Ray switching power supply on eBay now

cdanjo

Hi all,

I just wanted to point out that I've got a tiny (0.52"L x0.36"W x0.19"T) Blu-Ray switching power supply on eBay now (see photo).  It accepts a WIDE range of input voltages from 0.4v up to 5.5v!  This means your laser won't quit until the batteries are REALLY dead!  It is regulated and feeds the violet LD with about 41mA, a safe value. Check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190225762021&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=009 .
I don't have a lot of time to make big orders, so I'll be leaking them out one at a time on eBay, so keep your eyes open!

I offer some construction info and schematics here so you can build your own: http://web.mit.edu/cjoye/www/lasers/BluRay1/ .

Rect5v_quarter.jpg

Re: TINY Blu-Ray switching power supply on eBay no

Hey - that is some mighty fine work you have done there ! Serious kudos for the inventiveness ! I am still reading your write up, I love the idea of the touch switch, too !

chido

It works down to .4v :eek: This is incredible, you could power a PS3 bluray out of a single AA battery, AAA if you wanted to go even smaller. :eek:

Any chance of getting, say, 100mA out of one? All of my builds will be 803T's.

cdanjo

Yeah, these are actually MORE efficient at 100mA-200mA!! We'd have to chance the dropping resistor and try it out, hoping that the I-V characteristic of the 803T doesn't change too much as it warms up, but I'd love to try it. PM me if you'd like to be the first one to drive a 803T from a AAA battery!

-colin

will you be puting another one on soon>?

woop

why didn't you use the tps61200 and make it proper constant current, using a sense resistor for the feedback?

its a nice little chip. makes so much possible