Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tinker Tavern - Black Friday Sale! 425nm 3.5W, 488nm 250mW, 593.5nm and more!

tinkertavernco

Hi everyone,

We’ve just launched our Black Friday sale on our eBay store - 15% off on everything!

Tinker Tavern Co. - eBay

We have tons of unusual lasers to choose from, including our 3.5W 425nm indigo, our 593.5nm yellows (20-25mW), and our popular 488nm 250mW in the “WL-style” host.

Also, our metal cases are now back in stock for our pen-style pointers, so check those out as well! They will be included for free with any purchase of our brass pointers.

IMG_7544.jpeg

P.S. our 57x nm true yellows are still coming soon - stay tuned 🙂

Last edited:

julianthedragon

I’d definitely be interested in a lower powered indigo laser in the 20-100mw range if at all possible. Nichia has a single mode 420nm 120mw but not sure about availability and price. But these all sound really nice

tinkertavernco

I’d definitely be interested in a lower powered indigo laser in the 20-100mw range if at all possible. Nichia has a single mode 420nm 120mw but not sure about availability and price. But these all sound really nice
We can build these on request! Usually our 3.5W version is more powerful but we can use the same diode at lower power (around 200mW typically is best.) Price is the same, we can make them in either the brass pen host or the larger 18650 size host.

julianthedragon

We can build these on request! Usually our 3.5W version is more powerful but we can use the same diode at lower power (around 200mW typically is best.) Price is the same, we can make them in either the brass pen host or the larger 18650 size host.
Can you attach an image of the brass pen host? Feel free to PM if it’s easier. What batteries does it take, and is it focusable? Thanks!

tinkertavernco

That’s a pretty powerful 488. I thought most hit <100mW

Which 488 nm diode are you using? The Sharp won't get up to 250 mW.

IMG-6120.jpg

One of our sources supplies us with some juiced up 488nm diodes. These are single mode units but they can easily reach 250mW without being pushed too hard. As of yet I’ve still not been able to find out conclusively whether they are aggressively binned or just a new diode model altogether.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
IMG-6120.jpg

One of our sources supplies us with some juiced up 488nm diodes. These are single mode units but they can easily reach 250mW without being pushed too hard. As of yet I’ve still not been able to find out conclusively whether they are aggressively binned or just a new diode model altogether.
Interesting. At that power I would have expected multimode more than single mode. Pretty neat

That’s a pretty powerful 488. I thought most hit <100mW

Mine is 135 mW. Severely overdriven Sharp diodes like mine will never get to 200 mW, that is why I asked. I suppose it's possible a new iteration has been released, but seems unlikely. Are these claimed to be Sharp?

tinkertavernco

Mine is 135 mW. Severely overdriven Sharp diodes like mine will never get to 200 mW, that is why I asked. I suppose it's possible a new iteration has been released, but seems unlikely. Are these claimed to be Sharp?
Our source is stubborn and won’t tell us where the diodes are from. My best guess is that they are a new type of diode entirely but I can’t be sure. It’s possible that they are binned, or even both new diode and binned.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
@Unown (WILD) Looks like we have an imposter account mimicking Paul’s username and just spamming comments

Edit: Understand that you are aware. I think now its obvious this guy is just here to spam nonsense.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Our source is stubborn and won’t tell us where the diodes are from. My best guess is that they are a new type of diode entirely but I can’t be sure. It’s possible that they are binned, or even both new diode and binned.
Understandable. I would be interested to know of course. Single mode 488 of that power is quite desirable