Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Time machine using lasers?

JLSE

He should start with the beams 'square pattern' alignment ::)

Dont know how hes going to get 10,000 diodes down to the size of a hair though

mcmaster-706925.jpg

Meanwhile, back at Grandma's, Uncle Rico continues to fine tune the time machine he and Kip purchased online...

3486_naked-science_time-machine-2_04700300.JPG

SuicideKing said:
Meanwhile, back at Grandma's, Uncle Rico continues to fine tune the time machine he and Kip purchased online...

3486_naked-science_time-machine-2_04700300.JPG

Hey don't even get me going. I've been to Idaho. The movie Napoleon Dynamite was not that far off.

JLSE

LOL, where do you guys find these sites??!! I stumble accross some good sites time to time, but usually pretty tame subjects.

Very interesting though, wonder if this type of technology is what the good professor speaks of. :D

chronos said:
I want a laser that can time travel in a Dorcy format. :D

Sounds a little dangerous.
Everytime you shine your laser there will be a possibility to blind your ancestors. :D

I can see where his idea comes from but seriously!? Technically speaking if you shine a laser beam from 100 yards away at someone, that beam is actually coming from a very not so distant past---> obviously due to time dilation. but to seriously think he can travel through time that way is alittle crazy. I mean seriously...I always thought the flux capacitor was the way to go.....

ixfd64

In the film Paycheck, a "laser-enhanced lens" is used to view the future. :p

jerry

I saw this on a docudrama on the science channel a couple years ago. It's an interesting thought to think that once you turn on the machine, all kinds of messages will flow from the future :p. I doubt it'll work though.

Paycheck was a cool-ass movie :cool:

Ok, I might can see his link between "light controls gravity" because light has no mass and is not controlled by gravity. It's a stretch, but I see it. But when he says "and gravity controls time" wtf?? Time will still go by, gravity or not..

If I'm not mistaken, even light cannot escape the gravitational pull of a black hole....

Ted

VW

If it's what I'm thinking of, I haven't checked the link, it was documented on some lol, documentary.  Yeah, supposedly the device will only be able to send information back in time, not matter it's self, and only till the point where they first switch the machine on.  It also has to stay on indeffinately for it to "work."  Could be something completely different, but they sound similar enough to be the same idea...

Edit: Ah, here it is...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWwI61so5Q