Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

thinking about making/building 523nm DPSS modules

Sowee7

recently, ive been working on some Pr:YLF modules, im thinking of selling them, would any of you be interested in a 523nm Pr:YLF module? i will be making oranges but i just want to know if any of you would be interested in 523nm modules, the price of the modules will be around $700-800

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm interested to know where and how you are getting hold of a bulk of Pr:YLF. They are not cheap nor accessible usually. This is the only place I have found that offers them to the point you know the price. https://4lasers.com/en/components/crystals/laser-crystals/pr-ylf-crystals

480 € (~$550) for a 2x2x6 crystal. So your system including optics, crystal and pump diode doesn't leave much room within that $700-800 asking price. Are you getting your crystals out of salvaged systems or have you got a cheap supplier?
I know for most 607nm would be most desirable. 523nm is covered by diodes so only those really wanting a Pr:YLF DPSS will be intrigued into paying for it. If you are able to make 607's for a reasonable price, I know you'll likely have some takers.

Sowee7

I'm interested to know where and how you are getting hold of a bulk of Pr:YLF. They are not cheap nor accessible usually. This is the only place I have found that offers them to the point you know the price. https://4lasers.com/en/components/crystals/laser-crystals/pr-ylf-crystals

480 € (~$550) for a 2x2x6 crystal. So your system including optics, crystal and pump diode doesn't leave much room within that $700-800 asking price. Are you getting your crystals out of salvaged systems or have you got a cheap supplier?
I know for most 607nm would be most desirable. 523nm is covered by diodes so only those really wanting a Pr:YLF DPSS will be intrigued into paying for it. If you are able to make 607's for a reasonable price, I know you'll likely have some takers.
i have found a cheap supplier, they can also coat the mirrors on to crystals for me which means i probably wont need expensive external mirrors

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
i have found a cheap supplier, they can also coat the mirrors on to crystals for me which means i probably wont need expensive external mirrors
Well if you can share a working example on here and also, a good idea is to find a dpss expert on here to peer review one of your units, then people will be more confident in parting with that sort of money.