Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Think Lasers

daba

I find it unlikely Thinklasers.com has 25,000 transactions. First of all, if your sales were as strong as you claim, we'd undoubtebly have seen reviews of your products here and on other forums. There are none.

I took the liberty of checking your stats on Alexa.com, where Thinklasers.com is listed as the 7.3milionth most popular site on the internet. They estimate you get an average of about 4 page views per day. Thinklasers has been around since the beginning of 2006 apparently - which means to meet your claim you'd have to get about 45 sales per day. Are you claiming that each of your visitors makes about 10 transactions? Wow, that's amazing. I looked up the top performing retail websites per conversion rate and the #1 site is 1800flowers.com, which converts about 20% of its visits into sales. You should really contact the people who conduct this survey because Thinklasers.com absolutely blows everyone else out of the water!

I also looked up the earliest record of your site on Alexa's Wayback Machine. The homepage claims the company is J.C.M. Enterprises and the president is Colin Merry. I assume that's you, Colin.

On a whim I went to MySpace.com and looked up Colin Merry. Jackpot! On your MySpace page you essentially admit to being a professional Internet scammer. You claim to have profited by promoting a get rich quick product called The Rich Jerk, which actually doesn't tell the customers anything! So you got people to pay for nothing. You also promote a surefire way to score big on horse racing, with your site HorseBetRacingSecret.com. If your race betting methods are so surefire and profitable, I don't know why you're wasting your time with lasers. You basically have a license to print money, right Colin?

Everyone, here is Colin's MySpace page: www.myspace.com/colin_merry

When I checked out J.C.M. Enterprises there were a lot of responses. A common business name to be sure. However there was one result on the "Ripoff Report" where a customer claims to have paid for a get rich quick scheme and not received anything. Sounds like Colin's M.O. to me, although we can't be sure instance was him.

Colin Merry profits off of empty promises. Whether it's getting rich from the comfort of your own home, or winning millions guaranteed at the race track or even if you buy a laser that he never ships, Colin is a con-man. Actually he's worse than a con-man - he's a small-time con-man who wants to make the big leagues of ripping people off.

If you use Google and Alexa, this info will only take you 10 minutes to dig up, as it did for me. I spent more time writing this post than I did learning the truth about Colin Merry. I urge everyone to stay away from Colin and Thinklasers.com.

T

timelord

Thanks for that daba :D Nice to see you here again and I really appreciate your report on this individual I smelt a rat and banned him but SenKat gave him a second chance. I think I'm a man with very shrewd judgement just like yourself... Don't be a stranger ;)

T

timelord

This thread is locked and thinklasers is banned for being an unscrupulous scammer. While we encourage companies to be here, we do not encourage greedy individuals with bogus websites & so called companies like this to take advantage and potentially scam fellow members here. I do hope that no one has been taken in by this thinklasers character :(

HEY, I just noticed Thinklasers.com are still linked to this Forum !! If they really are scammers, which it seems they are, then shouldn't the link be removed ?

S

SenKat

The links are provided by Yahoo - and c0ld really has no control over what ads pop up on top !

SenKat said:
The links are provided by Yahoo - and c0ld really has no control over what ads pop up on top !

Mmmm....that's a bit of a bummer. I hope not too many people use it and get scamed.

Justin

Just click on the ad every time you see it and watch their bank account dry up! Pretty soon they won't be able to afford Yahoo ads anymore. ;)

I didn't even know there were ads on the forum-- I use Adblock for Firefox. And if you prefer the perverted I.E., then just get Firefox and I.E. tabs!

Daedal

Perverted? What'd it do? :eek: :-?

Oh, by the way, I use FireFox too :p ;D

--DDL