Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Things to take note when buying lasers?

While this seller of yours may be completely trustworthy and reputable, you just don't know. If he can't tell you much about the parts, its more likely that he just doesn't know. I got my first high power laser from a member of the forum here for about that price, but almost twice as powerful, and I had the bonus of being able to get a feel for this guy's reputation before I sent him any money.

The folks around here are no strangers to shipping internationally, so there are ways of being pretty sure that you won't find your laser seized by customs on the way in to your country.

And definitely, definitely get glasses. The links in InfinitusEquitas's signature all seem very relevant to your needs, and if money is extremely tight, even the "better than nothing" goggles he links to have been evaluated elsewhere on the forums and should hold up just fine for your 1.2W blue until you get something proper.

I would also suggest thinking about what your uses are going to be - for anything at a big distance keep in mind that most of the blue diodes out now have intrinsically high divergence, you likely won't be able to get as tight a spot as much cheaper reds or greens.

Do your homework (search around the forums and elsewhere) have fun and be safe!

You guys are right! This seller is full of bullshit and wasted my time. His user name here is Madevilghost. People who read this thread please do not be in any form of transaction with him. I noticed he had also bullshit another guy from this forum 1 year ago. You may dig out that thread by searching his name and you guys will know that he sucks

Last edited:

Glad you were able to find out about him and save yourself from a potentially bad situation. Always better to be safe than sorry!