Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Things to do with new lasers?

I own a 125mw red and will be shortly receiving a violet 30mw and a green 20mw from odicforce (uk based whom i recommend). I was wondering what sorts of things i could get up to with these lasers :D I bought a Diffraction Grating Slide as they look quite interesting, is there anything else you would advise i get/do?

I advise you post a review with lots of pictures ;-)

Actually, all kidding aside, I tend to try and just point at things with mine, though occasionally burning is always a good alternative too.

For a 30mW 405nm and a 20mW green... Beamshots are fun. (mostly with the greenie)

Also, things like long-distance pointing is cool too. Like, seeing how far away you can hit stuff (as long as it's not planes, etc.)

I personally enjoy trying to hit speed-signs. They're reflective, and you can definitely see them far away. (And no, not where cars are nearby)

Last edited:
I probably will construct a review for the two in the post so keep a look out :D
I got the two lower power lasers to test out other wavelenghs and there properties, I'm looking forward to the green beam! Will the beam be clearer than my 125 red?
I took my red out one night around a street with barely any cars or people and had some fun hitting different objects and i also live by a big field so i can test the length :D
Unfortunately i can't get my red to even heat a patch let alone burn but i have had it power checked at 125...
I will likley get a 405 with higher mw for burning in the future :)