Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Theoretically, how powerful could this laser be?

diachi

Reminds me of A light pillar. Went to APOD to find an old article on them and off all things look what today's image is.
APOD: 2016 February 8 - Light Pillars over Alaska

Yeahhhh! That's what I was talking about in post #7 when I said regular lights with strange atmospheric phenomenon! Thanks for adding that awesome picture. :D

Cool sight to see in person if you've never seen it before. Looks like the rapture or aliens beaming people up or something. :D

D

Deleted member 16589

Yeahhhh! That's what I was talking about in post #7 when I said regular lights with strange atmospheric phenomenon! Thanks for adding that awesome picture. :D

Cool sight to see in person if you've never seen it before. Looks like the rapture or aliens beaming people up or something. :D

:D yea I added some more images to my post as well.

What were any other atmospheric conditions? Temperature? Humidity? Pressure? Was it windy? Looks fairly clear but was there a recent thunderstorm by any chance?

diachi

:D yea I added some more images to my post as well.

Awesome! :D I'll need to try and take some next time it happens here - I have some from last year but they weren't the best pictures. I need a better camera! :D

Any, sorry, back on topic! :eek:

Vision

What were any other atmospheric conditions? Temperature? Humidity? Pressure? Was it windy? Looks fairly clear but was there a recent thunderstorm by any chance?

2-10 maybe? 50-60% Maybe. No idea. Not a lot really. Nope. Like I mentioned. The smell didn't occur before nor after. But some people had issues.

3 People had sunburns.
Extreme tiredness and lack of energy in the morning.
Few felt ill.
And a lot of the photos and videos just..turned out black.

diachi

2-10 maybe? 50-60% Maybe. No idea. Not a lot really. Nope. Like I mentioned. The smell didn't occur before nor after. But some people had issues.

3 People had sunburns.
Few felt ill.
|

Sure it wasn't a nuclear bomb...? :confused::confused:

3 People had sunburns.
Few felt ill.

At this point I am going to go with it was an alien spacecraft that crashed. The military found it, took it out to this deserted area to do some tests on its damaged fusion reactors and warp core and then fired its phasers into the sky. ;)

But seriously though, what you are describing is pretty interesting. This photo here really does look like a laser, but like you said it is the only photo where it actually does.

http://i.imgur.com/aDVXuR8.jpg

No matter what it was, it was definitely an intriguing experience for you I'm sure.

Last edited:

Vision

|

Sure it wasn't a nuclear bomb...? :confused::confused:

Pretty sure... If it was everyone would have suffered I supposed and it certainly would have been a massively loud.

One more detail.

http://i.imgur.com/spiC67v.jpg

See that fog around the light. That appear as soon as these lights appeared. Out of nowhere. Was gone when the lights stopped. Duration 1 hour.

Last edited:

Vision

At this point I am going to go with it was an alien spacecraft that crashed. The military found it, took it out to this deserted area to do some tests on its damaged fusion reactors and warp core and then fired its phasers into the sky. ;)

raw

Last edited:

Vision

No matter what it was, it was definitely an intriguing experience for you I'm sure.

Remind me to have a 7W laser to point back at them for a bit and see the reaction.

Last edited:
Australia and the US are going to use lasers to burn up orbiting space debris.
It could be part of a test.

Vision

Australia and the US are going to use lasers to burn up orbiting space debris.
It could be part of a test.

And they sure don't like people being around them. Specially when you wake up in the morning and find gunship choppers stalking you. :evil:

Sw5ecwV.jpg

great the Earth's Gov are up to no good again.....Bet they are trying to replicate some alien artifact......