Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

THE TIME HAS COME !!!

P

Perez-Allende

Blue lasers, are finally dropping price ALOT !! in 1 yr they will sell like green ones, I hope :p

P

Perez-Allende

Angdvl089 said:
And how do you know this?  Is there a new way they are made?
ps3's have made the word easyer, laser-man.co.uk is selling BLUE LASER !! for less than 150$ USD.......... people cam make one for less than 60$usd, blue lasers, are going to start going down from now

To somewhat misquote Inigo Montoya....You keep using the word blue, I do not think it means what you think it means.

:p

S

SenKat

That is "Blu-ray" he is offering...not 473nm blue.....that is more of a royal purple beam, while STILL very impressive - it is not a true blue....

G !

BUT - prices are going down all over the place....

do you think the milliwatts will rise so the price of 100 mw blue will be like now a 100 mw green?

Theoretically it could be even lower, since the BluRay (I too hate that) er... VIOLET-Ray diodes are direct-inject single-stage one piece laser diodes just like a red. (In the broad terms of construction, at least) There's no MCA (monolithic crystal array) to focus align and test out, no extra IR filtration needed either like there is with greens.

So VIOLET-Ray diodes could possibly be as cheap as reds someday. If Blu-Ray becomes the next dominant optical disk standard, and Blu-Ray disc burners become common computer items, then they'll be cheaper than greens.

AJ_Dual said:
Theoretically it could be even lower, since the BluRay (I too hate that) er... VIOLET-Ray diodes are direct-inject single-stage one piece laser diodes just like a red. (In the broad terms of construction, at least) There's no MCA (monolithic crystal array) to focus align and test out, no extra IR filtration needed either like there is with greens.

So VIOLET-Ray diodes could possibly be as cheap as reds someday. If Blu-Ray becomes the next dominant optical disk standard, and Blu-Ray disc burners become common computer items, then they'll be cheaper than greens.
They probably will, just like DVDs, i remember a DVD player used to cost a lot, not as much as a blue-ray burner tho :\

yea but remember for the blu-ray they have to increase for the price of inflation. and it is new technology so a little more expensive.