Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The smallest boost drivers that I have ever seen! 5mm x 5.3mm

25$+ shipping for the bucks which will decrease to 20 once I have enough funds to get them automatically assembled, the 25$ includes basic testing (current set, and some oscilloscope waveforms), Upon request I can add a trim pot to the boosts(although I still recommend going for a fixed setting, Due to the composition of the pot It may introduce too much interference on the feedback loop), The bucks are still going to be fixed current. Will have some in stock ETA next week, For the boosts currently, the cost will be 20$ with a drop to 18$(subject to change) Same range of tests and extra tests available for 5$ Where I make a full test report.
Awesome, and thanks for the lightning reply. Up front, I’d like to thank you for your fantastic work and effort, thus far! I am not an engineer, so whatever I say has limited merit concerning electronics speak. Although, if you can reliably incorporate pots (or at minimum current set by resistors) they’re going to be far more appealing to many here. I do not speak for everyone. Just my .02
SGD🥃

Giannis_TDM

Awesome, and thanks for the lightning reply. Up front, I’d like to thank you for your fantastic work and effort, thus far! I am not an engineer, so whatever I say has limited merit concerning electronics speak. Although, if you can reliably incorporate pots (or at minimum current set by resistors) they’re going to be far more appealing to many here. I do not speak for everyone. Just my .02
SGD🥃
Thanks, bud! My Boost actually already uses a solder bridge current set method to swap between 3 preset currents ex: 120mA 180mA 360mA (like the flex drive) and I also offer different ranges for said 3 preset currents. And yes, I will be looking into implementing such current sense method with a pot on future drivers( Its basically what X wosse drivers and Astalist drivers use, They both use an Opamp with a tiny sense res to amplify the drop produced by the sense, Now there are 2 methods to go about this, The nasty and simple way uses the pot to set the gain of the opamp, That leads to instabilities at low currents and other stuff, Now X wosse has opted for the 2nd more math-oriented and harder method of injecting current into the loop using it which is much more stable.