Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Search Function Sucks?

Snecho

Being new, as people stress in the stickies, I use the search bar almost religiously before asking a question that has been covered before. And also to do extensive research.

That's why it really irritates me when I try to search for something specific and get screwed over by "The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common:"

For example, I tried to search for information on Sanwu's infamous RGB Handheld and instead of searching for "Sanwu RGB", it searched for "Sanwu" because "The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: RGB"

I mean, what the heck???

Another one was I tried to look up "Laser 303" and 303 was excluded. 😑

Sometimes I want to search for a specific thread or post that has words like "If, the, and" in the title and it just ignores those...

This "countermeasure" seems extremely pointless and annoying as hell.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but am I not allowed to search for these things??

Sorry for the long post, I'm just really, really frustrated. :)

Anthony P

I agree 100%. I have found that a Google search will often refer you to the appropriate LPF thread.

Coonie

It is difficult to use. I find myself searching it on google and including laserpointerforums in the search

Snecho

I agree 100%. I have found that a Google search will often refer you to the appropriate LPF thread.
It is difficult to use. I find myself searching it on google and including laserpointerforums in the search
Yes, I figured the "real Google" would be the way around it.

But It seems people share my pain with this. I'm surprised it hasn't been changed imo considering how important the search on this site is. 🤔
That would be my suggestion anyway.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Type on google site:laserpointerforums.com and then your request. I find it works better a majority of the time