Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Prodigal User Returns

Hey guys.
I am back after extended hiatus.

I don't have a lot of posts or a lot of lasers, but i do have a 500mw red and a 1200mw blue i got from survival when they were still selling complete units to the USA. they are still running great too!

since then i have picked up a couple of cheap Chinese jobs, a little blue one and a big fat green one. I just ordered an IR (808 nm @ supposedly 500mw) and a few new eagle pairs covering all my wavelengths. I am also eagerly awaiting a fancy pants 445 Type 1 hand phaser i picked out of the BST section as my first order of business upon my return to the forum. looking forward to getting back in the mix here and chiming in on some threads. I have a lot of catching up to do so please excuse any necroposting i might incur.

I am in Texas near by the original Schliterbahn - any other Texas laser aficionados here?

GSS

:):):)
Your I think 3+ hours from Hakzaw..
I'm sure you have seen how much cheaper diodes have come down in prices.. The greens strong 1W+ mulitmodes are now $150 and even way less at auction..
The NUM44's can do 8W's now. It looks like you were last active since around 2012?? Must feel like you took a time machine trip to 7 year later after seeing all the changes:giggle:

I can't say that I remember you but Welcome back all the same.
I did not know about the Schliterbahn, it looks like a real summer time treat. :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back, Wolfwood! :)
It's always good to see our long time members return.
There are a lot more wavelengths and higher powers to choose from these days.

Welcome back. You will have to do some searching to see what is available now. Things have changed a lot in seven years. Thank you for posting an itro post. Most returning members don't.

Yeah lots of catching up to do!

Anthony
No thats not from cowboy bebop, but close, it is a traveling, gunslinging preacher from a show called Trigun.

7 years is about right, i got married and about 6 years ago got a son out of the deal. Then bought a house! Havent had much time for anything else really until pretty recently.

What do you mean you aint heard of schliterbahn before?
Red, i cant say i remember you either, but i am glad to be back. So no hard feeling here!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! See y'all around!