Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Pain of Beam Combining...I See Red!

jaycey

This was a painfull build, 5 dead LOC's, 1 dead LCC and many hours perfecting/stabilising my optic mounts.

My first experience with Dr Lava's Flexmod too.

But it has all came good in the end and its now ready for fitting in my projector.

Thanks to Andy_Con for the inspiration and diode mount & Dr Lava for advice on setting up the driver.

Anyone thinking of beam combining and making their own optic mounts...make them rock solid and with micro adjustment.

Spec: 2 LOC's running@ 400ma, standard Aixiz lens, Laserwave PBS cube, Canon CA-570 8.4v 1.5amp power supply for laser driver. Analogue modulation will be supplied by Pangolin:beer:

16082010098.jpg

Beam shot with a little smoke in the air (the 2 beam is it bouncing off a mirror for alignment puposes)
18082010104.jpg

Nice.:wave:

How are you running the diodes from the FlexMod? Series or parallel w/ balance resistor?

I'm just starting to work on doing the same for my projector. I've got the 2 LOC's in their modules, starting to work on the mounting plate now.

jaycey

Running in series, no resistor necessary.

Good luck with your build.

Sweet build! Now you can just throw in a couple 650-G1 lenses, and you'll have a beam diameter to better match a green and blue!

(Assuming you plan to go RGB with it all)

Do you have a scanner set to match so far?

jaycey

Sweet build! Now you can just throw in a couple 650-G1 lenses, and you'll have a beam diameter to better match a green and blue!

(Assuming you plan to go RGB with it all)

Do you have a scanner set to match so far?

I will upgrade the lens at somepoint, probably with the Lens 27

Yep this is going into a RGB with a 532 doing 170mw and a 445 set to around 300-350mw

I have a DT25 scanset and a Pangolin FB3 with LivePro.

Its just hard finding the time to work on it with 2 little en's and a missus that doesnt understand the appeal of coherent light:)

cheers