Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Lightning OTF Switchblade - Amazing Knife!

So I got my knife a week ago, and I love it. The link is here: Lightning Double Action OTF, Taiwanese Version

Here's a good video showing it off:

I had been wanting a nice "pocket" knife for a while, though I was a little hesitant to spend nearly $50 on one. But I'll say this now- as soon I held that knife, I knew it was worth every penny.
The videos really don't do it justice: it's compact, feels heavy, and the blade is lightning quick, in and out. This is now going with me everywhere! One thing I didn't expect- the blade takes a lot of strength to open, a lot. There is absolutely no way it will open accidentally. I actually had trouble opening it with one hand for the first few days, until I got used to it, though now it's extremely easy for me.
The entire thing is made of metal, including the handle. Again, my new favorite knife! This is easily comparable to the $80-100 range. If you do get it, make sure you go through Bladeops. I know it's pricey, but they're basically the only site which will guarantee you get the actual Taiwanese version, as opposed to the much cheaper Chinese version.

Looks like a cheap knockoff of a Microtech....

just fyi, in most places, OTF autos and autos in general are illegal... your state may vary.

Yeah, don't get the Chinese version. I personally have 2 of the Taiwanese versions and they're pretty good for the price. I also have 3 OTF Microtechs. No real comparison but the Lightnings are very good for the price.

What would you use it for? (Not trolling, I really want to know the uses you guys give these).

Looks like a cheap knockoff of a Microtech....

just fyi, in most places, OTF autos and autos in general are illegal... your state may vary.

Lower quality than a MT definitely, but these are not cheap. I live in MD, where the law is "illegal if concealed, legal if showing". I carry it in my pocket anyway...
cheesy.gif

Niko, it's basically just a really big/useful pocket knife. Haven't you ever needed to cut something and not had a knife with you?

Lower quality than a MT definitely, but these are not cheap. I live in MD, where the law is "illegal if concealed, legal if showing". I carry it in my pocket anyway...
cheesy.gif

Niko, it's basically just a really big/useful pocket knife. Haven't you ever needed to cut something and not had a knife with you?

No, that's why I asked. I rarely find myself in a situation where I need to cut something with a knife (that is not food) that can't be cut with a pair of scissors.

Do you carry it for personal defense?

No, that's why I asked. I rarely find myself in a situation where I need to cut something with a knife (that is not food) that can't be cut with a pair of scissors.

Do you carry it for personal defense?

I haven't yet, but if I ever do need to it'll be there. I do live in a more woodland area where there are thick vines in the way of a path, and I can easily cut those down if I need to.