Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The laser gods officially hate me.

Earlier today, My LOC was working fine, but underpowered by an 18650 rckstr. I got some cr123's today and set the driver to 370 mA and connected to diode to it again (after I shorted the cap) and Bam! it was LED. It there anything I could do to prevent this from happening again (I was grounded) and what do you think caused this? Also, what can you do with a diode that has gone LED?

It Could have just been a flaky LOC, and You did nothing wrong! They can be some what fragile. I treat LOCs & LCCs differently.

I push the LCCs harder than the LOCs. 450ma for LCC and 400ma for LOC. I extract the LOCs with extreme care, but I'm not as friendly to the LCCs when extracting them. Handle the LOCs without care and they can be dead before you even press them. finicky little bastards.

I do this often, even after shorting the output leads before reconnecting. I'm obsessive about it, but sometimes the capacitor still bites for some reason... I wish I knew why!