Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The best beam shots I ever made! 532nm/650nm

The green laser becomes incredible visible in a misty night! But, the bad thing is that the beam can't reach big distances.

The 250mW red laser become much visible too, but hard to see outside the laser place.

In the next misty night, I'll do this, turn the laser on and let it pointing to the sky, then, go away to another place and look at the beam.
I've done this one time, and the result was wonderfull, I ended with a great tonture :D because, the end of the beam will ever be in over your head, tricking our mind!

Last edited:
I done this last night, was a quite clear night and no much particles in the air, so the beam was very dim than the other nights, but since was minus particles in the air, the beam reach a big distance, enough to be visible in the heavens.

I turned my laser on and leave it pointing to the sky and I walk away from it.

Since the earth is round, it makes the beam ever be in the same place, in the center of the sky, no matter how away you walk. The end of the beam will appear in the same place, this makes a type of illusion in the brain because the beam seems to make a curve, after a while looking at the beam, I started to get dizziness.

Unfortunately, no photos will capture the illusion.

Ooops! My mistake! Not heavens, but in the clouds, since my main language are Portuguese, that's a common error.

:shhh: :shhh:

Didn't laugh about the mistake, lol, I don't even know if it is one... just the way it sounds. Imagine Odin being scared by a 532nm laser.:D
As you can see I make a lot of mistakes.

Odin, the god of all gods (someting like Zeus), is the father of Thor, in the Norwegian culture;)

I think you know Thor...
christianity-thor-religion-funny-1.jpg

I know Odin and Thor, I only tried to say that Odin will think: WTF is this? A green ray? That's beautiful.

:crackup:

OK, so I hope mods won't say this off-toppic is annoying but...

How Odin's pig is called? This question is weird, I think Saerimner but I'm not sure...:thinking:

I completed my DIY tripod, I have some new photos:

Attemp for a 780nm beam shot! #FAIL
P1450820.JPG

Using my tripod at the hill:
P1450818.JPG

And the laser about 18m away pointing to my window:
P1450854.JPG

P1450857.JPG

Then I discovered that my laser has a horrible divergence, 3.16mRad!
P1450850.JPG