Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The $6,000 Beam Expander Experiment

Dam

If he pass the beam in reverse direction through such an expensive lens, an unknown physical phenomena can occur, such as light bending, beam beading or negative refractions. He shouldn't try this at home with 6000$ lens.. :D

Trevor, please make some test shots when you receive your camera, I deffinitely want to see it in action! :)

OT: I've bought Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 EX DC HSM, it was yestarday ao you can try with me :D

Last edited:

I would hope that some light bending and refraction would occur.. that is, after all, the point of that $6000 lens (or any lens for that matter).

Using a low-powered laser to test the idea should be sufficient to protect the various parts of the lens assembly from any "unknown phenomena".. not that anything productive would result. I was merely curious..

Last edited:

vk2fro

I still cant get over some of the huge wide open lenses some pro photogs have. Some even need their own tripod (like trevors) if you fancy keeping them steady for more than a couple of seconds.

The really big lenses I go "is that a camera lens or a rocket launcher" ;)

The really big lenses I go "is that a camera lens or a rocket launcher" ;)

Did you mean Sigma's Bigma? :whistle:
sigma-200_500-440pxl.jpg

vk2fro

Thats the one - bloody SAM launcher. Seen with a camera attached, the camera looks like a dinky kids toy hanging off one of those :)

My kit will consist of the following setup for my trip to honkers in january:

Tokina 11-16 F2.8
Sigma 30mm F1.4
Sigma 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 70-200 F2.8

Oh, and a 60D or whatever gets released after photokina in the XXD model (probably a 70D) if its not horribly expensive. Assuming I get the above gear, thats 3 grands worth and none of them are canon's L glass (which would put the price up to an insane 4.5K. While I'll probably claim the tax back on the 70-200, the rest I will grey import.

The reviews of the lenses I've picked show that they are equal, or exceed the canon equivalents, without the massive pricetag.

While in honkers I will probably buy some lasers too (modules) for the projector.

Back O/T, Trevor, got a teleconverter? - wonder what effect it would have on the HeNe?

Last edited: