Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

thank you to all member and at rayfoss...awesome purchase.

Re: i need another URGENT help about choosing rayfoss handheld.i must reply her

If you want IR to burn stuff, get an IR laser. You buy a green laser to use the green laser light. Green lasers also have a very strong focused IR component to them, in addition to whatever diverges from the end. At 15-20% of your total power, that can be pretty dangerous. What you filter out of the end of your laser you don't have to protect yourself from with your goggles.

Even so, you should find out exactly how much is still IR even after they add that IR filter. The only green lasers I've encountered with sufficient IR cut filters are CNI lasers. My 80mW puts out less IR than even a "filtered" 5mW laser I have.

Woodofcville that's an amazing beam spec... but i don't know if the laser is the same sold by skylasers.... maybe yes.. maybe not.

with 3mm diameter can you burn well even if setted to infinite?

I can pop a balloon from 50+ feet, and I melted my friend's red straw in half from like 5 feet away while he wasn't looking LOL, he was so confused and mad when he tried to take a drink. :crackup:

realista.jpg

FGB specs
Wavelenght 532nm
Power Output >200mW (After IR filter,Pre-set IR lens)
Dot Shape Circle Dot
Divergence <1.5mrad at beam aperture
Beam Style CW
Circuit APC
Working Voltage DC=4.2V
Working Current I<700mA
Duty Circle 300 seconds
Working Temperature +20dgC-30dgC
Storage Temperature -10dgC-40dgC
Power Supply 1pcs 18650 Li-battery
Size 35mmx180mm

Left is the one she's offering, right is the one I assume you were looking at first.

1: Claims more than 200mW output of 532nm, compared to 200mW of 532+808
2: APC driver, compared to ACC driver. This should mean that it has a component after the laser that senses the optical power output and adjusts the current to keep that power level where it's at. ACC simply makes sure the current being fed to the diode is constant.
3: 3.7-4.2V is a Li-Ion voltage range, compared to DC=3V, which makes it sound like the driver on that one is meant for 2x1.5V.
4: might even come with a suitcase and goggles!!
5: duty cycle looks to be 5x longer

Even if all you are getting is the laser, you're getting more than $15 worth of new features. Go fer it!

Last edited:

thank you but you compared the FLX laser.. but the right model is FGB :)

flx is smaller.

however i asked faona ihow much power has FMK . she said 200...220mw :( :(

mi choose is HARD. i could get a 255mw-275mw true green with FGB but with 10degree angle beam8and a changed position of crystal that let me afraid).

ir pay 15 dollar more(230 instead 215) to have a 200..220mw filtered laser in another host.at parity power i prefer FMK...but it is about 50mw less.. :(

Last edited:

i think it's better the 200/220mw fmk instead a never seen and never tested FGB.

if i must get FBG.... i should choose it UNFILTERED... with the nice power of 330 stable 350 peak. because if i want it filtered... i can of course get 350 370 of true green.. but the ir is manually added... with a little changing of the CRYSTAL... and 10degree angle. :(

Hard to say, then. FMK is definitely better than the FLX, but the FBG and FMK seem to be about the same, except for that IR filter.

Maybe faona will include the IR filter seperate for $10 more instead of the $15 more for installing it?

faona ask 15$ more than the 215$ asked for the FBG. so at 230 could get the FMK.....that has a PREinstalled ir filter.

the problem is THAT:
the fbg i asked was OVERPOWERED...because i received in past an undepowered pen and i lost much time sending it back.
the FBG offered to me is 330 stable.. but filtering it THERE ARE SOME PROBLEMS....firstly the 10 degree angle of the beam...and the crystal slightly moved.

for 215$ have 330mw INCLUDING IR is nice... but i'm afraid becaise 50/60mw are ir. i'm afraid for my eyes....and sincerely NO ONE MEMBER here have reviewed it. that host is UNKNOWN.

instead.. for 230$ (adding 15) i could get the FMK...thau use a NICE HOST...with nice focus like said Woodofcville.
BUT i pay more.. to have less power...about 200/220. that0s not much for an HANDHELD. if i should choose.. i would prefer an opotronics pen 180mw... just 40mw less... BUT IN A LITTLE DEVICE pen..... to carry with me a BIG handheld just to have 200mw.. ;( is not what i DREAM.

i think that who want an handeld--- want it minimum 250.. 300mw.
for example i would NEVER buy an handheld RLP at 165mw. i wuould chose an rpl just over 300mw....

faona ask 15$ more than the 215$ asked for the FBG. so at 230 could get the FMK.....that has a PREinstalled ir filter.

the problem is THAT:
the fbg i asked was OVERPOWERED...because i received in past an undepowered pen and i lost much time sending it back.
the FBG offered to me is 330 stable.. but filtering it THERE ARE SOME PROBLEMS....firstly the 10 degree angle of the beam...and the crystal slightly moved.

for 215$ have 330mw INCLUDING IR is nice... but i'm afraid becaise 50/60mw are ir. i'm afraid for my eyes....and sincerely NO ONE MEMBER here have reviewed it. that host is UNKNOWN.

instead.. for 230$ (adding 15) i could get the FMK...thau use a NICE HOST...with nice focus like said Woodofcville.
BUT i pay more.. to have less power...about 200/220. that0s not much for an HANDHELD. if i should choose.. i would prefer an opotronics pen 180mw... just 40mw less... BUT IN A LITTLE DEVICE pen..... to carry with me a BIG handheld just to have 200mw.. ;( is not what i DREAM.

i think that who want an handeld--- want it minimum 250.. 300mw.
for example i would NEVER buy an handheld RLP at 165mw. i wuould chose an rpl just over 300mw....

I just took host and beam shots of the FBG a half hour ago. I'll make a photobucket account to upload them here in a review. Divergence will have to wait for tomorrow, I apologize. This may sound funny, but how about fitting 2 IR lenses over my greenie glasses? I'd be willing to get some just for that cause. And... That'd be sorta cool. :anyone:

:banned:

Also... Does this mean my FGB has no IR filter for sure? She didn't mention that...

Last edited:

thank you at all members.
the end of the story is that faona shipped today an FMK handheld... of true power stable 310/320 mw filtered!!!...................... AWESOME....... FANTASTIC..... INCREDIBLE.
rayfoss is the best.