Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Testing Signature Image

Jaseth

Why are you starting new threads for this? You can just check your previous posts to see whether the images appear or not.. right now you are just spamming.

Seb

On vBulletin, signatures don't retroactively appear on previous posts I believe. That aside, Why didn't you just wait until the next time you posted something to check? Why would no one care that you're posting random things in the wrong sections...that makes the mods' jobs that much more difficult.

Jaseth

I wasn't trying to be hostile towards you, just telling you that starting a new thread is not necessary - both avatars and signatures will be visible in any previous posts as well as future posts. There is also a preview feature. To check if things work on actual posts and not just as preview, simply go onto your profile, then Statistics, then See all posts. Then you can see how it looks with one of your older posts.

I know it is very confusing to find your way around a forum when you are new so I am sorry if I appeared aggressive - I guess I should have put a smiley with it :)

Seb

@Sloane... no sense getting defensive Chuck....
There are no Moderators here on LPF.... yet

The members are correct... there are easier/better ways to test
stuff...

You could have easily PMed one of the higher ranking members of the
Forum..
They would have happily let you know how to do what you wanted to do...
I know I would have helped you...:cool:

@dopamine... yes they do.... once you modify your sig... all previous posts
will reflect the changes...

Jerry

Last edited:
Hey, welcome Sloane to the forum, you will have fun here. Like Laserbee said, PM any veteran and most will be happy to help, I did and they were great.

@jaseth: Only your avatar will update your previous post, not your signature, it will update if the post already had a signature. But if you posted before you created your signature, those old post will not add the sig. I found this out by testing my Acronyms for the Forum post 91 and 92.

Cheers
:beer:

Last edited:
Yeah - that's what I meant about signatures not updating. Sorry if it seemed I was chewing you out - I've just been admin on different forums for a while, and it's somewhat of a pain to clean up threads. The preview signature button is definitely the best way to test out if it works.