Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Testing a High-Output Driver PCB

Exerd

Stalker,

Only problem is your link to Jameco cannot yield any of the same 35A @ 1.2V rectifiers. Digikey yes, but Jameco, link is forbidden like it's an account product you linked to. I tried Jameco's search, even google on their site, but not showing any of the same part numbers (1N1190R). Also, what thread size are they? I'll go tap some holes in a chunk of alum for 8 of them.

Last edited:

Huh? That's strange, it comes up for me just fine and I'm not logged in. The part number is MB358, $2.95
each. The hole is for a #10 screw according to the datasheet.

They are a diode bridge just like Cy was recommending, not like the first ones I linked to. I am trying to
keep it simple for you.

really, i think you are just looking for some cheap diodes that, when arranged properly, can:
1: mimic the Vf of the 12x XM-L in series @ 3A a piece.
2: not fry at 3A currents

Outside of that, I don't think there is anything special you would need. The meter states that the max current across its shunt is 10A. 12A may damage it. Probably not, but possible. To combat this, use your cheapest dmm :evil: