Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tesla with laser

Ive been meaning to post this for a while now. Just thought some of you might appreciate the sparks and laser beams! ;)

The tesla was a kit off ebay and the fist laser my Sinner Cypreus IIIB 465 with 10x beam expander. The other colours are from my RGB PTEG 3D printed laser.:beer:

V1JdzRi.jpg

ZA0wwJw.jpg

1DRKNEx.jpg

M83QUHI.jpg

nYxleXA.jpg

R9N9cHm.jpg

LNYYRFx.jpg

WhShr05.jpg

AWLWL1h.jpg

QNdSS0f.jpg

tA5d2j3.jpg

:drool:
Nice shots Anthony!! :gj:

EDIT
Have you tried the star cap?

Last edited:
Wow, just wow Anthony.
These are incredible !!
I have already +rep you but when I can I'll rep you for these as well.

Thanks for sharing buddy.

:wave:

Thanks Tero! Nope still didnt get round to buying one. Everything was/is a little hectic here, we just moved and will be moving again hopefully into our own house the beginning of Sept. :beer:

Edit: Cheers Andrew! Dont worry its the thought that counts! Glad you liked them. :) :beer:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Gorgeous photos, grainde! :beer:
That's a really wonderful combination of light and electricity, they're both extremely beautiful, and both can bite you! :D

Thanks for sharing!

Forgot to ask...
Which eBay Tesla Coil did you purchase ?
Looks like it produces quite some voltage.

Jerry

Absolutely beautiful pics.... Wow.
Jerry

Gorgeous photos, grainde! :beer:
That's a really wonderful combination of light and electricity, they're both extremely beautiful, and both can bite you! :D
Thanks for sharing!

WOW! that was cool!:beer::beer:

:kewlpics:

Really beautiful pictures you are sharing here with us.
Please more! Singlemode

Thanks guys much appreciated and glad you like the pics! :beer:

Wow. I can see several of us wanting to get one of those now :) What camera did you use, wondering how fast the capture was to get such good photo's. I'm not a camera guy, not sure I'm using the right term for that, prob. not.

Thanks Chris! I have a canon 1DMk4, but you can use any camera where you can set manual exposure. I took the pics around twilight just as it was getting dark. That way I could use a longer exposure without blowing out the background and it also enabled the sparks from the tesla to be captured. In some instances ie with the 5.6 W 465, I had to switch the tesla on first and then the laser for the last second of the exposure. The exposures were around 1 -2 seconds up to 15 seconds for the RGB laser, which was much less powerful. :beer:

Forgot to ask...
Which eBay Tesla Coil did you purchase ?
Looks like it produces quite some voltage.

Jerry

Its a couple of hundred thousand volts and the sparks can reach 30 cm.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Half-Bri...Music-DS07-New-/152818694602?oid=173145794022

Love the photos, Anthony. I see you had a bit of a focusing issue with the size of your coil and the beams, but it still looks great. Thanks for the eye candy.

So cool how it appears the sparks are twirling through the air. Is that an AC effect or what? Electrons with spin?

Of course it is AC and it depends on the size of the round object at the top how well it will arc with the air alone. In this case it is the tip of a tiny wire. Tesla coils can also be used to arc to grounded cages or other items. If it is large enough you can tune the frequency of the AC to give tones and also play single note at a time songs.

I think you missed my question. I have an idea how a tesla coil works, AC obviously, but is the swirl in the sparks from the AC or something else?

attachment.php

Attachments

• swirl sparks.jpg
    swirl sparks.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 57