Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TECHLASER  (Yes :P) 55mW Review

Alright my SD card in my camera basically imploded so there are no pics, but Im writing a basic review for the Infinity Series 55mW laser from Techlasers

I ordered it off Techlasers.com for 133 bucks USD. It came in the mail 4 days after i ordered it. Fast shipping-but for $25 i did not expect anything less-even from China.

The package was a standard USPS package type. I opened it up and found a blue cardboard board box with the words "TechLasers" on it. The box felt flimsy and cheaply made. There were no dents or dings in it, so shipping took care of it, but i felt that a bad blow somewhere could have hurt the laser. After opening the box a few times, it started making crinkling sounds and is now hanging on by a thread. Overall, the box is cheaply made. The case my 5mW ebayser came in was made 4 times better.

The laser itself was not bad. It came with 2 batteries in which i quickly put in my drawer and switched for my Ni-Mh's. The laser came with a sticker with a black dot on it. I personally didnt like this "feature" as, upon testing, the laser pretty much went through it. I felt someone might turn the laser on and look into the aperture, only o see a beam burn through a cheap, black sticker and into their eyes.

Anyways, he laser itself was a nice, sleak CNI type model. It easily smokes black leather from a few feet on freshly charged batteries and slices through electrical tape. Ive yet to buy balloons but id bet they stand now chance up close.

The unit is very stable and has not mode shifted on me to date. It takes a few seconds to warm up-but thats only because my room has an average temp of 50 degrees F-as i hate heat and love fresh air-even in the winter :D

I dropped it once from waist height and i have not felt a difference to date. Ive used it for about.....guessing here.... maybe 10 hours of continuous use from when i received it back in December.

Its still going good and Im happy, SO FAR, to say i got a good deal from TechLasers. They Customer service sucks, but their prices are good.

Bottom Line:
If you have the cash-go for a Nova or a company a bit more high quality. But if you are looking for a high powered laser at the cheapest prices on the internet-TechLasers is probably your best place to go price-wise.

Disclaimer:

I know im probably going to get flamed to hell from this as TEch has a horrible rep here, but this review is what I have WITNESSED thus far. Ill do an update in a few months to show how durable and long lasting it is, but other than that, this is it. Ill also try to get some pictures uploaded, but im not a photography expert so they will probably suck.

Chad

Re: TECHLASER  (Yes :p) 55mW Review

Sounds like you got a good one! :) I'm kinda surprised... my Infiniti 75 is crap. It mode shifts like crazy, and the divergence is much worse than advertised... and Tech has NO customer service. I emailed them numerous times about it, and 4? months later... still no response. :mad:

roSSco

Chad said:
Sounds like you got a good one! :) I'm kinda surprised... my Infiniti 75 is crap. It mode shifts like crazy, and the divergence is much worse than advertised... and Tech has NO customer service. I emailed them numerous times about it, and 4? months later... still no response. :mad:
:eek: WOW! That sucks.

Yeah, ive heard of a lot of people who bought from TL and lost out. Its only been a month for me, but so far its held up nicely even know ive been using it a lot
\
We'll have to see i guess

Nice.

Im enjoying my techlasers 95mw infiniti, and I hope you enjoy your infiniti as well.

Chad and spyrorocks and others, how bad is the divergence on yours? Is it an extremly fat beam at a couple hundred feet? I've heard several stories about bad divergence, and if it wasn't for that I would have bought the 95mw already.

They are CNI lasers, not very good divergence. I have yet to mesure, but im guessing mine is around 1.4mRad.

Chad

I haven't measured mine yet, but it is MUCH worse than any other CNI I've seen. At 20 feet, the beam is bigger than a dime.
But I would advise you to NEVER buy from TechLasers or WL. All the products I've gotten from them have been crap, with the exception of the glasses. Go with Nova, Optotronics or LaserGlow. :)

Gazoo

Chad said:
I haven't measured mine yet, but it is MUCH worse than any other CNI I've seen. At 20 feet, the beam is bigger than a dime.
But I would advise you to NEVER buy from TechLasers or WL. All the products I've gotten from them have been crap, with the exception of the glasses. Go with Nova, Optotronics or LaserGlow. :)

You do know you need to measure the beam when it is shined at a dark color..preferably black. The reason is because the actual dot is so bright the light spreads out. And you must be wearing safety goggles, not only to protect your eyes, but so you can see the actual dot as well.

CNI's are not known for having the best divergence, however when the clouds are low enough I can easily see the dot on them. It's impossible to tell how high the clouds are and the size of the dot. All I can say is it looks like a small dot...lol. So the divergence can't be too bad.

For those that don't know, I have a Nova X105 and I have no regrets buying the laser from them. It's awesome.

Switch

I saw a post on LC.Someone was complaining for having over 2mRad from his crossfire, I guess he's banned by now :D

Chad

LOL Gazoo... Yes, I know. that's what I did.

Chad said:
Sounds like you got a good one!  :) I'm kinda surprised... my Infiniti 75 is crap. It mode shifts like crazy, and the divergence is much worse than advertised... and Tech has NO customer service. I emailed them numerous times about it, and 4? months later... still no response.  :mad:

That's weird... I took advantage of their December promo and got myself a 75mW laser pointer as well. And same as your laser, mine also had mode shift problems so I contacted them and had to send it back. They sent me a new unit and it works fine so far. Maybe you should just try to email them again. :-/

Anyway, nice review. I agree with you on that price-wise thing. They sell them really cheap hence the cheap packaging. :p But I got a good deal with my laser though, it came with goggles, laser cap set... (balloons and a t-shirt :-[) And maybe it's due to the cold weather, my laser's output power jumped from 75mW to an average of about 100mW. Too bad you still can't melt snow with it... :D

Switch said:
I saw a post on LC.Someone was complaining for having over 2mRad from his crossfire, I guess he's banned by now :D

I made a post about my laser problem from techlasers and it too disappeared. But I did get an email from an admin telling me that my post was "moved" and not deleted and that they forwarded it to techlasers support and I should follow it up. In anycase my problem was solved...though I did find it weird that they had to "move" my post. :-?

Chad

Your post was deleted... no doubt about it. I was actually banned once for saying that my Infiniti didn't perform up-to-spec. ;D