Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Techhood parts GOOD seller

Hey all
I ordered some parts from the Ebay seller techhood (named "Robinson") and got pretty happy with the results.

[

FIRST IMAGE HAS BEEN REMOVED
LEGAL ISSUES

]

IMG_20130628_182742.jpg

I've never seen this seller (he don't have a site, its under construction) so I just gave it a shot. I ordered 4x modules w/ 445nm lens, 1x with 635nm lens, 4x 405nm diodes driver and 1 brand new LPC-826.

IMG_20130628_183118.jpg

Everything (almost - will talk later) was well packaged; the modules came in anti-static baggies, marked with their AR-lens wavelength.

IMG_20130628_182854.jpg

The drivers came attached to each other (looks like they manufacture it, or buy in batches?) and I didn't test it (yet).

Driver sizing, bigger than Flxdriver
IMG_20130629_104735.jpg

The diode... oh well.
It is an open can diode. It came just inside a static bag. Anyways it was surrounded by bubble wrap but IMO it should came with some kind of foam to prevent damage to the thin bonding wires inside (OPEN CAN DIODE...).

Everything arrived ok anyways.

Here is it pressed on the same module techhood sent me:

IMG_20130628_183331.jpg

The sad thing is that I've set a flexdriver to 550mA and connected to the diode... When I turned the driver on - BAM!

COD @ 550mA :p

That commonly happen with LPC-826's? I think it would run very, very hot but it just blew... and LED'd...

Overall
I'd give techhood a 9/10 rating.
Shipping came very fast and everything well packaged.
It is a 9 rating instead of 10 because I didn't see any 'mitsubishi' trademark behind the LPC-826... as stated on his eBay pictures :wtf:

:thanks: for reading!!! Post your doubts etc here please!

Last edited:

Yeah Ive ordered a few things from him and have been very satisfied.

I thought max recommended current for an LPC 826 was 500 mA?:thinking: Either that or your diode wasnt a very efficient one. Dont worry its only a few dollars...try wrecking a 9 mm or 520...:( :beer:

Reactions: GSS
Nah, I've saw most graphs plotting up to 600mA, and IIRC Fiddy has a hotlight build @ 550mA that didn't gave up yet.
The problem is, my driver is perma-setted @ 550mA, because I broke the pot wiper, years ago. I can't reset it...

Thanks for the headsup. :beer:

Last edited:
Techhood has always been a good seller.
Hak , nobyrx if I spelled his name correctly like them lots over their competitor Laserland.