Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Te-lighting?

vk2fro

Since the OP has not specified where he is, the projector would only need to be varianced if he resided in the US.

So to the OP, if you live in the US and intend to perform public shows with that machine, DONT until you have read up on the regulations, and have done the nessecary modifications to the pj to make it comply.

Similarly you should check the laws of your own country if you do not reside in the US. Nothing would be worse than starting a kick ass show with your new projector and getting shut down becuase you failed to follow some regulation.

I agree on it being a tad dear. 445's and 650's are pretty cheap (and have pretty horrible beam specs too)

Its a little expensive for a non-varienced projector. The red is the flashlight 650nm and the blue is the ever so cheap 445.

$2000ish for 1.7W full color? IDK that's not too bad really.. 1.7W RGB that is varianced will run you near $10,000 if not more.

One thing that I have never been able to understand about this place is the way many people seem to have real issues whenever anyone tries to make a little money. Why on earth should the expectation exist that a person or company should only charge whatever the parts to build the device costs? No thought about labor, no thought about profit, everyone should work for free so we get the very best deals.

Please.. no offense to anyone in particular, but that's just absurd. Just a few years ago a full-color 1.7W system would have cost many thousands no matter who built it. Plus, the entire point of doing business is to make a profit. Personally I don't lift a finger for free unless it's for friends or charity..

Last edited: