Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Synesthesia EDC Build

I'm conscious of avoiding anything too visibly similar to a handgun being in the UK - but a pistol-grip with a flashlight on top is probably fine, especially if the host is quickly removable. Will take a stab at it later in the week.

I like the idea of using the Convoy host - additionally, that design could use the 18350 body tube reductions to get a more compact setup.

Yes I started looking at replica firearms and movie props but the potential for a misunderstanding concerns me, I also think the convoy with press on grip would be fun without going too far, also like you said it can be easily removed.

compactconcept3.JPG

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Red, the way things are these days, you're probably right; we don't need any accidents due to mistaking one of these for a gun.

Red, the way things are these days, you're probably right; we don't need any accidents due to mistaking one of these for a gun.

Yes I agree, I think we are on the right track to add some fun without going too far, I will only use mine indoors or in my yard late night, so it's not going to alarm anyone, but I as you do think of others and don't want anyone to have a problem even though the user is ultimately responsible for their actions.

Sigh.....The Tail....is Wagging the Dog ???? But yes....these days....it would be " threating "....to hold and aim a banana at someone.....it is a crazy world.
Holding ANY L-shaped, hand sized object....and pointing it at someone....could be seen as a threat ….or extremely rude....at the least. If pointing said object at law enforcement....well...that could get you dead !!! It is mainly in the context !!
PC disclaimer....Law enforcement needs to protect itself !!!!!! ....yet....needs to apply lethal force....as a last measure !!! Sigh !!!
And yes......as a group of Laser enthusiasts....I can see the argument against any Public Display of the " Pistol Format "....We already have enough
Bull Shit to deal with.....Sigh !!! CDBEAM

Attachments

• wagthedog 2.jpg
    wagthedog 2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I know, but having enough problems on our plate already we shouldn't add to the situation if we can help it, it's sad to limit our creativity but prudent in this case I think, what if we discard anything gun shaped and go with a modified gooseneck flashlight maybe something like this ?

How cool would it be to hold this in your fist and rotate your wrist causing the two beams to twist while directing the point of converged termination

Last edited:
I don't risk getting shot by a police officer on their beat here, as your standard police officers in the UK do not carry guns, but I would not want to take the risk of inciting public fear (and subsequently getting an armed unit called). I'm still going to put a pistol-grip style one together if I can though. Grip on it's own won't cause any trouble.

I'd just be a very wary of printing and shipping anything gun-shaped internationally, or distributing 3D files for printing that were gun-shaped etc. A hand grip isn't going to cause any issues for me here or hopefully anyone else though.

That design's pretty unique Red :)

If you do manage to converge the beams it will only be useful at one distance. Not terribly useful.

The beams will start pretty close together, 5 inches apart or so and converge at infinity, they can even run together and never quite converge and will still look great.....in actuality running side by side as seen from the ground would be spreading apart as they diverge but I am talking about aligning the beams so they appear to just converge or never quite converge but run very close together to infinity, because of how we see things at a distance it will look GREAT so long as the beams don't converge before infinity or appear that way.

These 3 beams cross over but imagine that these beams did not cross over but only run together never quite getting to cross over, it will look GREAT.