Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SVG to ILD

OldNo7

I've been building a projector for sometime now. I using a lasershark DAC and the openlase library. In the tools folder of the openlase source code there's a python script that converts svg (scalable vector graphics) files to ild files. It doesn't use the openlase library for the conversion so all you would need to do is install python, then download and run the script file

Code:
python svg2ild.py file.svg file.ild

If your on linux make the file executable and execute it as a script
Code:
svg2ild.py file.svg file.ild

You can get the script here:
svg2ild.py

More information on openlase and lasershark can be found here:
Openlase - Abort, Retry, Hack?
Openlase Code Repo - https://github.com/marcan/openlase
Macpod Software: Lasershark - Intro (Friggin sharks with lasers)

Last edited:

awesome, thanks for the tip!

drlava's ildsos also does svg to ild, as does laserboy.

I've been building a projector for sometime now. I using a lasershark DAC and the openlase library. In the tools folder of the openlase source code there's a python script that converts svg (scalable vector graphics) files to ild files. It doesn't use the openlase library for the conversion so all you would need to do is install python, then download and run the script file

Code:
python svg2ild.py file.svg file.ild

If your on linux make the file executable and execute it as a script
Code:
svg2ild.py file.svg file.ild

You can get the script here:
svg2ild.py

More information on openlase and lasershark can be found here:
Openlase - Abort, Retry, Hack?
Openlase Code Repo - https://github.com/marcan/openlase
Macpod Software: Lasershark - Intro (Friggin sharks with lasers)

OldNo7

awesome, thanks for the tip!

drlava's ildsos also does svg to ild, as does laserboy.

I heard that ildsos does this I just haven't had a chance to try it yet. Laserboy does dxf but not svg (unless maybe I need to update my copy). I opened the svg file I had in Adobe Illustrator and exported it to dxf. When I opened it in Laserboy there was only the 2 default verticies. I'm not sure if that was a problem with Laserboy or the a problem with the export.

I've attached the ild file made with svg2ild.py. I had to zip it since the forum won't let me attach ilda files.

Attachments

• OldNo7.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 107
UPDATE ALL 12 R4FFLE tickets are sold-BUt if enough show interest I will do this again -I have another also still sealed-- ==the winner pays for actual ship cost ~$26 insured to CONUS- others will pay actual cost to send-- This time I will offer 13 tickets and the LAST number drawn gets his $50 back..
There will be some kind of prize for all-2nd & 3rd choose a HAK Lumia or Spyro kit. TY all for the birthday wishes and continued support---Len