Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Suutable driver for LPC-840

If you are talking about filtering out spikes and transients, that is only a side issue and not a control of voltage like one would see in a voltage regulator. If you are using a red diode you should know the the forward voltage is going to be low and therefore you wouldn't use a boost driver on that diode. If you are using a 490nm diode, you should know the forward voltage is quite high and you would want a boost driver. But, in the end, they are all just current regulators and nothing more. You can add a TTL input for PWM control of the output or and analog control that will vary the current between two set points, but it is still just a current regulator.
Great idea for PWM .So I can have dim effect when connect to the power source using Arduino or STM32 MCU to generate PWM pulse.

Great idea for PWM .So I can have dim effect when connect to the power source using Arduino or STM32 MCU to generate PWM pulse.

Yes, but, you have to use a driver that has a TTL input as you can't add PWM to the input of the driver to get this effect. These drivers are usually larger than the tiny ones we use in handheld lasers. Just so you know.

I found the little module sell on eBay .It very small size . I'm gonna try this one

"Not to challenge you, but here's a challenge"
Well, not to say you're wrong, but you're wrong.

You need only to look at a sample IV curve of a diode to see why:

Current-voltage-I-V-curve-of-a-silicon-p-n-junction-diode-43.png

Minor thermal effects aside, the diode can ONLY operate along this curve. For example, it is possible to apply 0.9V to a diode, and it is possible to send 5mA through a diode, but you CANNOT do both at once.

Dude. Man. By your theory you can power things with either zero voltage/ some amount of amps orrrr... no amps and some amount of volts? ... What in the madness are you talking about? lol...((*goes off researching**)) The amount of research I just went and did yielded the results of when talking in re-gards to circuits, ohms law must apply. I THINK theoretically voltage without amps is observed as static electricity? I'm very curious as to what you're talking about, or even about my own findings on the static electricity claim, because it'd still need an amount of MAs still for the voltage to cause it's shock,((water and flow and such)) especially against human skin that has a resistance lol. [[Double correction: just found another scientist on my side about static having amps to}} Now I'm just lost. lol

Last edited:
I use the smoke from Marker pen .you should see in Styropyro video about levitating diamons with laser .I cant explain how can thing like this happend (Im studying in grade 10 .Physics quantum is too advance for me ).

I know from the beginning of the LPF we have had underage members here. In fact, many of the older members here now were underage when they joined. IDK how strictly this age requirement is now enforced, but some here believe that members who joined young many years ago are beyond the scrutiny of the mods. Don't hold this opinion myself, but it is what it is.

That is probably good advice. Since it is, at least on paper, against the rules here, no need to press your luck.