Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser S4X duty cycle

GSS

Not a necro post Brainstorm, its your original thread and not old at all:)
I'm just not sure of the question and what the extended lens spring is? I'l take a look a Survivals link..

GSS

Oh gotcha..
I would wait for RedCowBoy to chime in on this subject, he orders tons of different lenses and expanders or just send him a message if you need to order quickly. The G7 has a few lens threading issue's also between the 9mm and the 7mm as far as fitting non Sanwu units.

Edit: I sent RedCowboy a message for you if it was ok..

Last edited:
No worries, I'll probably only order the parts around November as my parents will pay for some of the parts as my birthday is in November, and I'll have enough money saved by then. I just want to make sure I make the best choice as it might be my only build (at least until I turn 18, I'm currently 15) as my allowance is so low.

Last edited:

Gazen

No worries, I'll probably only order the parts around November as my parents will pay for some of the parts as my birthday is in November, and I'll have enough money saved by then. I just want to make sure I make the best choice as it might be my only build (at least until I turn 18, I'm currently 15) as my allowance is so low.

I wish you the best of luck on your build, but you might want to avoid advertising your age as you technically have to be 18 (not that many members care about this)

If you put a powerful diode in whatever host you choose, make sure you get proper eye protection, spend money on that before anything else. Even though this may increase your waiting time, it is not worth eye damage.

Stay safe, and good luck! :)

UPDATE
I am going for a C6 with an aluminum heatsink, so I'll do the build in only a month or two. Thinking better, I like a smaller host better than a bigger one. I might do an S4X build with a 9mm or NDB7475 in a year or two after this one.

Last edited:

Gazen

UPDATE
I am going for a C6 with an aluminum heatsink, so I'll do the build in only a month or two. Thinking better, I like a smaller host better than a bigger one. I might do an S4X build with a 9mm or NDB7475 in a year or two after this one.

That’s a good choise, the c6s are nice, small easy builds. Just keep in mind the smaller heat sink if you’re going to run a powerful diode.

If I may ask, what diode are you planning on using in the C6 host? I would not put anything close to two watts or more of optical power in that host. You should be concerned about waste heat and being able to remove it from the diode.

If I may ask, what diode are you planning on using in the C6 host? I would not put anything close to two watts or more of optical power in that host. You should be concerned about waste heat and being able to remove it from the diode.
The same as the one I was initially planning to put in an S4X (PLTB450B @1.25A). Thinking back, I'll use a copper heatsink.

Last edited: