Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser 5 (4.5w) vs PL-E Mini (4w)

mr.bm

Greetings to all forum members! I live in Cyprus, as far as I know we have no any special regulation regarding high power lasers, I have had a lot of low power lasers mainly as laser scopes or pointers, now I would like to try something more serious and considering between two models, one is Survival Laser 5 450nm (4.5w) from SL and another PL-E Mini 445nm (4w) from Jet Lasers, will be very thankful to any recommendations regarding these 2 models, pros and cons and which one will be better overall, also can consider other models with a budget of 300-600 usd, many thanks

Last edited:

GSS

Survival Lasers only sells the kits to build as far as I know?
You can't go wrong with Jet Lasers, as they are the best of the best..

mr.bm

looks like yes, but these kits are pretty easy to build, also I amazed of how small and light the SL laser- only 127g vs 380g of JL

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I think you can buy completey built, ready to use lasers from Survival Laser's international store.
Like GSS mentioned, you can't you wrong with Jetlaser, they're the best out there IMO; that being said, Gary at Survival laser is a member here (Garoq), and also sells high quality products.

Edit: I was wrong, there is minimal assembly required for Survival Laser international products.

GSS

I think you can buy completey built, ready to use lasers from Survival Laser's international store.
Like GSS mentioned, you can't you wrong with Jetlaser, they're the best out there IMO; that being said, Gary at Survival laser is a member here (Garoq), and also sells high quality products.

Edit: I was wrong, there is minimal assembly required for Survival Laser international products.
Yes Bow, I wasn't sure about SL International sight. So the kits are a bit easier?

mr.bn, different hosts all together and then the switches and safety features come into play between the the two company's.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yes Bow, I wasn't sure about SL International sight. So the kits are a bit easier?

mr.bn, different hosts all together and then the switches and safety features come into play between the the two company's.

It looks like SL's kits are pretty straightforward to build with some basic skills.

I noticed that Gary does not ship instructions with his kits anymore; you need to download a PDF for instructions, probably for liability reasons.

@mr.bm, Glad you like the "Silver Bullet", it was a fun build and turned out pretty nice. :)

looks like yes, but these kits are pretty easy to build, also I amazed of how small and light the SL laser- only 127g vs 380g of JL
When using higher power diodes you need a greater weight heat sink. If you skimp here your runs times will be necessarily short.