Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Suggestion For A Tutorial

Hi,

I believe it would be a good idea for someone with a camera and some spare time to make a tutorial on how to hook up laser modules into the 5W CR123A MXDL host. There are tutorials out there that tell you how to do it but it is all in jiberish with no pictures to help anyone out. I've taken a look at a couple of threads and read a bunch of tutorials but I can't find a single one that tells you exactly how to do it. I know that I am having trouble trying to decifer the proper method of soldering and unsoldering all of the stuff on it's circuit board so I figure that a tutorial like that would help out alot more people than just me.

Its just a thought but I think it would be a good idea.

Thanks for looking, :)

do you just want to have a pic that shows the solder points? i can do that if you want...

[EDIT] Remove the resistor when soldering your leads to the PCB. Its left in my pic as a point of reference for the positive point ;)

i'd suggest waiting for my info to be verified by a more seasoned forum member... it's been a couple weeks since i made my blu-ray... i might have forgotten the spots i used.. :-[

Those pictures are really helpful, I thought you were supposed to remove that resistor and replace it with a wire? Nice, I see your first DIY was a Blu-Ray, mines gonna be too. I get to build it soon. Did you have any problems while making yours? I see it is 60mW, what kind of driver and mA did you use?

Thanks,

P.S. I won't be on for like a week because i'm leaving for vacation now ;D.

Yes you do have to remove the resistor, i should add that. i was just using the resistor as a reference point ;) But no you don't replace it with a wire (?) i didn't at least... My only problem was the damn post office not sending packages like they were suppose to.. and my 60mW is a complete estimate based off of the power graph (i think it was Hemlock Mike's...) but anyways, i used a rckstr driver fixed at 76mA, really conservative but at the time no one knew you could run 803Ts at over 100mA no problem!